How Lumias should be sold going forward

syspry

May 5, 2015
Visit site
I can't take credit for this, it was from a member in another thread. Nobody in modern countries wants a WP. So maybe MS should just give up the ghost and just include it as a bundle item in Xbox and surface bundle packages like they do with games or extra Xbox controllers or whatever. Maybe with a rebate coupon you can redeem if you activate it on a carrier. At least this way they might nab ultra casual users who don't care about the app gap. For example you could buy a regular Xbox for $300 or you could buy the Xbox plus Lumia bundle edition for $400

Aquila

Alienware Rogue
May 14, 2013
Visit site
So the idea is that someone gets bored and pops their SIM card in?

I kinda disagree that no one wants a WP. On the Android forums there are a TON of people who want WP - as soon as WP grows up and puts a good OS, with a good ecosystem on top-notch (ie. compete with iPhone and Note 5, not with the Moto G) device. I really don't want MS to have to scam people into their ecosystem. When WP 8 was around, it seemed like there was a lot of excitement and even some new OEM's trying it out - and that has fizzled a bit but there needs to be some capital in order for them to be able to continue to invest and for them to not appear as if they are pandering. They simply need to define their strengths and move on them.

PS, if Sony included a Z5 with the PS4, I'd buy that :)

syspry

May 5, 2015
Visit site
I don't think that's going to happen WP has done so many "do-overs" now and none have hit the mark. I don't foresee this year's attempt changing the status quo. At this point the only thing I can see that will change the mobile landscape would be for either Google or Apple to take a giant fall Blackberry style and I think we can agree that's very unlikely for a decade or so. Of course it can happen but we'd do well to remember that Android and the iPhone took dominance during the chaotic years when the smartphone market was a relatively newborn universe. The situation today is much different

Implement

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Bundles with other popular Microsoft products certainly wouldn't hurt.

I think a Microsoft Band 2/Lumia bundle would be a must buy for me.

Something like a lumia 550 and an Xbox, I could see people going for that.

someone2639

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Easier distribution method: Make 10000, send them to US, send the rest to Europe/Australia, and put them in a collectible box. Watch chaos ensue and occasionally restock the phones.
(that's how amiibo work afaik.)

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I can't take credit for this, it was from a member in another thread. Nobody in modern countries wants a WP. So maybe MS should just give up the ghost and just include it as a bundle item in Xbox and surface bundle packages like they do with games or extra Xbox controllers or whatever. Maybe with a rebate coupon you can redeem if you activate it on a carrier. At least this way they might nab ultra casual users who don't care about the app gap. For example you could buy a regular Xbox for $300 or you could buy the Xbox plus Lumia bundle edition for $400
Please define "modern countries"...

millercrew5

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Giving it away would make it look even cheaper and a gimmicky toy! Think they should do less cheap phones and variants and go "nexus" route with a surface phone and then get others on board to at least have their flagships come on android or windows flavor! Microsoft needs to get all major carriers to carry their flagship device so all consumers can have a chance to use it. If your not on AT&T or Verizon your basically left out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism