Do you think Microsoft or the carriers will bundle Qi wireless charging mats with the Lumia 950/XL?

TechmeIN64

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I would love to try using wireless charging on my new phone as I've never had a device that used it. On top of that, just in the past couple days my 635 charging port completely stopped working so now I'm left with a permanently dead phone. Do you think the new flagships will come with a Qi pad or am I going to have to pay another $40 or so to get one?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Do you think Microsoft of the carriers will bundle Qi wireless charging mats with the Lumia 950/

I doubt they'll be bundled as those promos aren't exactly regular.

I would just drop $15-20 for a tried-and-true DT-900 or maybe a generic one, depending.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: Do you think Microsoft of the carriers will bundle Qi wireless charging mats with the Lumia 950/

I think you need to shop around more if all you see us $40 chargers, haha. I second that you should just get a DT-900 for under $20. I have 3, they are awesome!

I got my first one as a free giveaway from AT&T with my Lu920 so it is clearly not out of the question (and my second was my sisters free charger, she didn't need it when she upgraded to her 1020.)...but I think it will depend on how cheap they price the phone in the first place.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I'd be surprised if they don't bundle it in. But they are so cheap that I'd rather they bundle something else. I use wireless charging every night, so much more convenient and fairly kid proof.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'd be surprised if they don't bundle it in. But they are so cheap that I'd rather they bundle something else. I use wireless charging every night, so much more convenient and fairly kid proof.

They aren't cheap, this is an age where manufacturers axe headphones or a USB cable for the sake of cost. Cheap on an individual scale can really snowball when applied on a vast scale. I think the prices of older chargers has dropped enough anyway.

Also AT&T's $5 DT-900 and 910 firesale a while back certainly helped.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I got my first DT-900 charging plate from at&t for free when I bought my 920. It was cool, I might not have been so interested in Qi if I hadn't gotten started with that. It would be nice if at&t did it again, but we'll see how things work now that at&t is part of the PMA alliance. Hopefully, at the very least, there won't be the same nonsense that happened with the 1520 where at&t sold a model with Qi stripped out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel