It's the carriers!!

mileRunner

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
As the expression goes, 'a chain is only as strong as it's weakest link'. Well, Microsoft, as of late, is putting out excellent hardware, it's refining it's operating software into a very interesting proposition - running on multiple devices, from the old fashioned desktop to Hololens via Xbox. In a certain sense it has very little to blame itself for. But then you get to the phone picture, an ever more important platform, and things change dramatically... Obviously we had to wait what appeared like an eternity to get that 'flagship' but now that it's here the problem, that in my mind was always the primary problem, comes in sharp focus - the carriers. For anyone who's walked into an ATT store with a less than resolute opinion on windows mobile already knows, they will try to sell you everything and anything before folding to your request for one of those Microsoft phones. Or you will get a Lumia (years ago) only to have nothing to upgrade to later... No feat of engineering, no being in front of the curve technologically, or simply having a product that works can fix this. My question is why does Microsoft shoot itself in the foot like this? Is it their legal team? A bad relationship with the telecoms? I've even heard that the new unlocked version of the 950 will not work with a Verizon subscription! What gives!

EricandSuebee

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I just don't get store employees, they should be listening to the customer, if they say I want a WP, bring them to the WP section, iOS, android bring them there, if they can't be a neutral party and not favor one brand or the other.

StevoPhilo

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I just don't get store employees, they should be listening to the customer, if they say I want a WP, bring them to the WP section, iOS, android bring them there, if they can't be a neutral party and not favor one brand or the other.

The truth is they will sell you what they like OR sell you what they're comfortable with. I don't think it's a matter of hate on WM10, but just the lack of knowledge or very little to no hands on experience.

jemanji

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
I think because it have plenty of sales from other channels. Until it really focuses on mobile, it couldn't really pay attention to what customers really want...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb