Why Lumia's diminishing market share could be bad for everybody ?

Sam_93

May 23, 2015
Visit site
I was thinking what if 950 duos dont generate the required hype . What all could go wrong then ? We may be left with closed iOS and 'frightening' bug ridden android. What else ?

Tumultus

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
For now, does it really matter? Let's see how well W10M will be adopted in the upcoming months. It is doubtful that Microsoft is going to pull the plug before the operating system is even out, so, why worry?

In a year (or 10), if Microsoft decides to do away with W10M, people will adapt, so, sitting here and debating "what if ..." scenarios won't change the way things will be going. Enjoy whatever device you're using. When you're due for a new one, assess the market and pick whatever is available and whatever suits your needs the most. If there will be nothing but iOS and Android, then so be it! These days, it isn't so much about what operating system you're running but if your apps and services are available on them or not.

I don't see the point in this "what if ..." discussions at all!

msnawe

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Android is not that bad but the paradox is to see better options like bb10, sailfish and WP disappear and something less user friendly remain.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I have to agree, the world will not end if WP goes the way of the Dodo. But the market needs more choices than Android and IOS. I use a WP as my main phone and a Android phone as my secondary phone. My PCs are all Windows and my Tablets all Android. I'm very comfortable with my getup and if WP does OK that's fine but if Microsoft let's it fail so be it.

Sam_93

May 23, 2015
Visit site
yeah me too thinking in a different way. Why MS doesnt release their version of android and be with it ? Sprewed with all of MS apps and continuous updates. Just like that . Apps are either leaving the ecosystem or are not updated for long time except likes of a few.

MysticForce

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
I don't think that MCSFT will go far with phones.
I think that W10M looks great, this could help but still apps are very bas. I can't stand to take a look on whatsapp, It looks terible.
Also apps are missing so many options. I love WP but I don't see any good reason for users to use WP + tiles are very ugly for most users.

Anyway I'm a windows phone user.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
That's what 97% of smartphone users have now. Would the world as we know it be doomed if the remaining 3% joined them?

It'll be anarchy!!! The streets will run red with the blood of WP fans trying to cope with rounded corners, widgets and icons with red notifications on them!!! Chaos, I tell you!!!!

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Why would it continue selling outdated phones. The companies making the most money are the ones doing flagships. And while mint left the eco system many have come since windows 10. They will be back. Ms just need to continue flag ships and convince companies like Samsung and lg to provide windows 10 versions of their phones. They need more partnerships. And once xbox one is on windows 10. Guess what.. People will make apps because xbox is doing well. Ps4 it's fine better but that's because ms forced the Kinect at first. So they fell behind. But still better than Nintendo. And they will continue to make windows 10 better for desktop and phone. The stats are expected. Powerful phones sell. Dingy ones don't. Look at the insane sales for iphone 6s. People were waiting for more ram. Look at edge. I think assessing the market at a time when windows 8.1 is still the only solution on low end phones means nothing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb