Article: The outrage over this popular app highlights one of Microsoft's biggest problems

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
What gets me is that Mint has had at one point in time THREE different apps for Windows. The Windows 8 store app, the Windows Phone app, and then the PageOnce app that was on Windows Phone when they bought PageOnce (which then became Mint Bills). They of course discontinued that app awhile ago despite my daily use of it. Why they don't just roll all that work ALREADY DONE into ONE universal windows 10 app is just pure stupidity. You can't say "not worth it" when many other large companies or even SINGLE developers obviously feel it's worth it. You see great universal apps from companies like Fitbit, other apps like Tubecast that are really solid, the apps that Rudy Huyn puts out, Facebook just released a new universal app, Netflix/Hulu have been there for YEARS, etc. I have a hard time believing a large company like Intuit can't do a little bit of work to reach over 100 million more customers. They seriously can't hire one guy for a universal app with all the tools that MS has provided to make it easy? It's pretty much bull****.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Very well put, but with the constant change by Microsoft even they don't seem to know where they are going. People don't like to be confused and they have confused everyone.

msnawe

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Very well put, but with the constant change by Microsoft even they don't seem to know where they are going. People don't like to be confused and they have confused everyone.
Well put? That's not even trying to understand their criterias. If Microsoft doesn't try to see their viewpoint, they won't stop the bleeding of apps out of their store.

Making this discussion taboo wont help, calling them stupid for not using UWP won't help.

What gets me is that Mint has had at one point in time THREE different apps for Windows. The Windows 8 store app, the Windows Phone app, and then the PageOnce app that was on Windows Phone when they bought PageOnce (which then became Mint Bills). They of course discontinued that app awhile ago despite my daily use of it. Why they don't just roll all that work ALREADY DONE into ONE universal windows 10 app is just pure stupidity. You can't say "not worth it" when many other large companies or even SINGLE developers obviously feel it's worth it. You see great universal apps from companies like Fitbit, other apps like Tubecast that are really solid, the apps that Rudy Huyn puts out, Facebook just released a new universal app, Netflix/Hulu have been there for YEARS, etc. I have a hard time believing a large company like Intuit can't do a little bit of work to reach over 100 million more customers. They seriously can't hire one guy for a universal app with all the tools that MS has provided to make it easy? It's pretty much bull****.

wplust

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
One has to wonder what would have happened if Windows phone had just gone with Windows 10 instead of constantly rebooting itself with Windows 7.5 then 8, then 10. Sure there are no more reboots pending, but it's probably too late (fool me once, shame on you, fool me three times,...), and who cares anymore besides an infinitesimal part of the market?

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
If 10 actually is slightly successful, they can bring the app back using either of the convert programs for their android or ios apps. Either way, they crippled the app in July and refused to fix the issue. So to hell with them IMO. I use it from the web page, and it works every time. No if Prism can get my bank info finally, ill have an app that shows me the important parts of Mint plus i can pay my bills. Thats somthing the Mint app couldnt do.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos