When oh when will Google Apps be available on WP? Think W10 will make a difference? Google Drive & Youtube... When?
    11-10-2015 11:50 PM
    I've moved this thread to the Microsoft News & Rumors forum, since this topic is not a time-sensitive issue with a device.

I don't think any of us know that answer. We are not privy to any behind the scenes talks that might be occurring between Microsoft and Google.
    11-10-2015 11:58 PM
    Either Google starts caring about their consumer anywhere (their Moto) or Microsoft gains a lot of people and Google will want a peace of that cake. After all, Microsoft apps on Android are there because of the money.

Not sayng that everything is entirely about money, but you cant work for free though.
    11-11-2015 12:05 AM
    What is that old saying "When donkeys fly".
    Charles Brown8 and vEEP pEEP like this.
    11-11-2015 06:22 AM
    Microsoft is trying all it can to make peace. It's just that Google doesn't want to give up one clear advantage that it currently has over Microsoft, 'No Google Apps for WP'.
    vEEP pEEP likes this.
    11-11-2015 06:44 AM
    Just take away Skype from android. Google just being childish and stubborn
    vEEP pEEP likes this.
    11-11-2015 07:18 AM
    Just take away Skype from android. Google just being childish and stubborn
    That would be just as childish and stubborn, it's better for Microsoft to not act in the same way.
    11-11-2015 07:43 AM
    When Eric Schmidt no longer has any involvement with Google. This is a blood feud and goes back to Microsoft\Novell days.....
    vEEP pEEP and CygnusOrion like this.
    11-11-2015 02:13 PM
    Probably not until W10M hit's 10% marketshare unfortunately :(
    vEEP pEEP likes this.
    11-11-2015 02:20 PM
    Probably not until W10M hit's 10% marketshare unfortunately :(
    Probably this. Google is all over Windows. In fact, they still support XP for a short time yet.
    vEEP pEEP likes this.
    11-11-2015 03:02 PM
    It's hard to say that the growth of windows 10 in mobile will result in google apps on W10M because if W10M grows without any google influence then that means W10M is growing successfully and people who are pushing this growth are all using Microsoft's apps. If that's the case then will anybody even want googles apps when so many are living perfectly with the integrated Microsoft apps that are already there with windows phone?
    11-11-2015 03:28 PM
    I use a Android phone (Moto G), and a Windows phone (640), I have almost the same apps on both phones. 90% Microsoft. Don't use anything Google except maps. Not even chrome.
    libra89 likes this.
    11-11-2015 05:31 PM
    I'm content with the excellent 3rd party YouTube apps. What else does Google offer that WP/M does not?
    libra89 likes this.
    11-11-2015 05:40 PM
    I'm content with the excellent 3rd party YouTube apps. What else does Google offer that WP/M does not?
    I honestly have no idea what the google apps offer that windows 3rd party apps+Microsoft apps don't offer.

I guess the want for google apps is so that people on android or ios using google apps won't have to switch to new apps. But the thing is, google apps are not coming unless W10M grows ALOT and if Windows phone grows alot without google apps, then everybody will be using the Microsoft apps that they've been using forever back when google apps weren't available and google apps will just not even be needed anymore.

So essentially google apps only matter if they come while W10M is an infant, because if W10M grows up without google apps into an adult then it will no longer need the google apps as it will be perfectly fine with the MS apps it has grown with since the beginning.
    libra89 likes this.
    11-11-2015 07:15 PM
    I honestly have no idea what the google apps offer that windows 3rd party apps+Microsoft apps don't offer.

I guess the want for google apps is so that people on android or ios using google apps won't have to switch to new apps. But the thing is, google apps are not coming unless W10M grows ALOT and if Windows phone grows alot without google apps, then everybody will be using the Microsoft apps that they've been using forever back when google apps weren't available and google apps will just not even be needed anymore.

So essentially google apps only matter if they come while W10M is an infant, because if W10M grows up without google apps into an adult then it will no longer need the google apps as it will be perfectly fine with the MS apps it has grown with since the beginning.
    It is well known issue that MS apps are not offering the same experience to most people outside US.

Then if we talk about Gmail, Drive, Docs, Keep, Calendar, Google Camera & Photos
    These alternatives to Microsoft apps are just less formal and more fun to use.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-12-2015 12:21 AM
    I don't use Google apps except Metrotube and Gmail on my device, but if they became available in proper design language I'd probably switch.
    11-12-2015 12:26 AM
    Never. Google & MS are strategic enemies. Hurts MS because Windows Mobile needs Google Apps for the app gap to become less of a problem and Google platform doesn't really have any "MS holes".
    vEEP pEEP likes this.
    11-16-2015 10:26 PM
    When Eric Schmidt no longer has any involvement with Google. This is a blood feud and goes back to Microsoft\Novell days.....
    I think people underestimate just how much hatred in Silicon Valley there is for Microsoft no matter what Nadella does.
    vEEP pEEP likes this.
    11-16-2015 10:28 PM
    When Microsoft will be stronger on web industry than Google ;)
    vEEP pEEP likes this.
    11-17-2015 07:33 AM
    It is well known issue that MS apps are not offering the same experience to most people outside US.

Then if we talk about Gmail, Drive, Docs, Keep, Calendar, Google Camera & Photos
    These alternatives to Microsoft apps are just less formal and more fun to use.
    Nope, still fail to see how Outlook.com, OneDrive and Lumia Camera are NOT offering the same experience to most people outside the US. When it comes to Docs and Keep then Microsoft has the vastly superior Word and OneNote, again how is that NOT offering the same experience to most people outside the US.

Better comparisons would have been Google Maps and Bing Maps or even Google Now and Cortana.
    Laura Knotek and vEEP pEEP like this.
    11-28-2015 06:02 PM
    One thing is for sure, consumers will be the ones benefitting from the innovations by Microsoft, Google and Apple. Microsoft finally seems to be getting their act together and if they are able to successfully launch into phones and other hardware, they will have the "total package" of a tech presence.
    11-29-2015 04:03 PM
    Hell Microsoft can't accept files > 2GB for OneDrive uploads. DropBox has no limitations. How is that innovative?
    vEEP pEEP likes this.
    11-29-2015 10:14 PM
    Honestly, most of google's services can be accessed via their webapps, from youtube to maps. The webapps act exactly the same as the "downloadable" apps people have on android, with the exception of turn-by-turn navigation. (That'd be a terrible thing to try cramming onto a webpage now that I think about it...) Grabbing one of those "create your own tiles" app should be more than enough.

Google drive used to be accessible but it seems they've removed web support. Or at the very least, I can't get in anymore. A pity.

I've literally used the youtube mobile website to walk android customers through the youtube app.
    11-30-2015 12:46 PM
    I find some website link to Google Maps for directions - and they are brutally slow on my phone. Be nice if it would default to Bing....
    12-01-2015 10:34 PM