12-05-2015 11:07 PM
46 12
tools
    IPhone and Android were successes because they are good for enterprise AND general consumer. Microsoft is further behind in enterprise than it was with consumers. I am a medical professional and there are basically two half way useable apps on windows. The others have dictating apps, reference apps, calculators, and EMR apps. I'm lucky I'd my hospital even lets me get email on my phone even though it is an Exchange server. Enterprise is a harder sell and it normally puts the phone on peoples' hands so they can see how bad the apps are. The universal apps are not happening. They have been possible for a long time, since WP8. Maybe the only plus for WM10 on enterprise is the users won't waste time on snap chat.
    12-01-2015 12:08 AM
    Microsoft is further behind in enterprise than it was with consumers.
    It was just the fanboy theory that W10M is tailored for business so general consumers have to deal with limitations. MSFT is behind in BOTH.

I am a medical professional and there are basically two half way useable apps on windows. The others have dictating apps, reference apps, calculators, and EMR apps.
    Same here. Even simple things like the fact that Word cannot open a .txt file. Or I often get config files (with different extensions) and although they are plain text I cannot open them.

Enterprise is a harder sell and it normally puts the phone on peoples' hands so they can see how bad the apps are.
    I dont think many people got convinced so much by using a Windows Phone at work that they get one for their personal use.

The universal apps are not happening. They have been possible for a long time, since WP8.
    Can't help those people who really believe in miracles to happen. Since Windows Mobile we hear that the next version will be the breakthrough, gain more marketshare, tons of apps etc.

Maybe the only plus for WM10 on enterprise is the users won't waste time on snap chat.
    Probably that is really the only benefit except the integration of Outlook / calendar.
    12-01-2015 06:50 AM
    I'm still pissed off about MS losing the BOA and Chase apps. These are my two banks and I cannot upload checks on the mobile website.

MS should have acted on this and literally paid BOA and Chase cash money to keep their app on the Windows store for PC and phones.

Banks are apps that cannot be duplicated by 3rd parties and MS needs to focus and keeping them as they can easily be deal breakers for people.

MS needs to work with all the major banks and get dedicated apps from all of them even if they have to pay them out of pocket.
    12-01-2015 11:35 AM
    I never used anything Apple but my samsung galaxy note 2 has become very unstable even after a factory reset. I am also not happy with the way Android handled office contacts and not synching the categories field from office.

The other day I lost all my calendar events. I had them backed up from when I did the factory reset and they were there after I reloaded them after the factory reset but now they are gone and I cannot get them back in for some reason.

So I don't believe that all is lost for business users. But we have a catch 22 that Microsoft cannot seem to break into and that is getting sufficient Bank apps. That could be the one thing that keeps many people away from Windows Phones. It also looks pathetic! Maybe people don't want to be limited to Wells Fargo and Ally Bank, that has no branches.

Daydreaming that Windows 10 will solve all the problems is a fool's errand. Yes it may be a good answer but you have to be there to use it and if the bank apps aren't there and maybe some of the other apps, nobody will ever know what's in Windows 10. I'm not even sure that the concept of the Windows Phone being a smaller laptop is necessary the answer. Not only that, you're boxing Windows into a corner of the sparse app world. I think interchangeabilty of data, contacts and documents are necessary but no bank apps for Surfaces, that's progress?

If I saw anything new coming from Nadella's Microsoft, even a new Excel and Word with major changes, I'd feel hopeful. I see nothing but an arrogant guy who got his comeuppance and one who's afraid of Apple, unless he wants to do the same thing, expatriate and not pay tax here. if that's true, get him the hell out now. Would any of you buy Microsoft stock now? I see no reason to.
    12-01-2015 12:29 PM
    America is not a big market anymore now that the BIG Asian countries are taking the lead. Frankly, few people care about what happens in USA anymore.
    rhapdog likes this.
    12-02-2015 10:51 PM
    Nadella's not going anywhere. MS stock is at it's highest level since the late nineties and is on target to surpass that. It's about double what it was when he took over.
    Laura Knotek, rhapdog and ar-7 like this.
    12-03-2015 02:00 AM
    In big companies, the strategic decision are taken by the board of directors, the CEO executes the plan.

I don't like Nadella as CEO, I don't think he has the abilities for the job.
    12-03-2015 08:07 AM
    Nadella could go , if he can't save windows phone. From past to right now microsoft is not very transparent about their moves. Even they doesn't know what they telling and doing ! Remember that dialoge ? ''Mobile first cloud first '' windows 10 mobile also feels like childs are building up a construction. Focus big on WM or leave Microsoft .
    12-03-2015 08:29 AM
    Major, really, if Americans boycotted Apple, they would get their corporate tax asses back here in a NY minute. America is a standard setter.
    12-03-2015 08:57 AM
    Editguy, it's because of the anticipation of W10 and that's failing because Nadella is a misogynist *** and isn't doing the job to get people comfortable to commit without apps. Not doing that is failing. The Philadelphia 76ers broke their losing steak by beating the Lakers, are they back as a major player in the NBA East, hell no! By the way, all stocks are up.
    12-03-2015 09:02 AM
    because Nadella is a misogynist ***
    Stop with this approach. You can (respectfully) disagree with policy and strategy, but personal insults is sinking to an unacceptable low (regardless of who it is).
    rhapdog and xandros9 like this.
    12-03-2015 09:08 AM
    Spectrum, I totally agree. I'm having second thoughts about the 950XL now, because of the lack of bank and business apps. Will I need to carry around my old Galaxy Note 2 for these apps? Years go by and the important app gap never gets better. If the banks are being pressured by Apple not to allow WP apps, go after Apple. What's Nadella there for? Not winning is losing.
    12-03-2015 09:10 AM
    Pete, it goes to his opinion and idea of what Americans are. Do you know what he said about women's salaries? This man is the head of Microsoft, who is not giving prospective WP users what they want and need to commit, so his understanding of US is very important and I believe it's his biggest weakness and failure.
    12-03-2015 09:15 AM
    Pete, the complete product is not there, not until the apps are there. If we don't trust Nadella's ability, then why take the leap in the hopes that the apps will come? If he told us, MS is going to get super aggressive on the banks via the public and against Apple, by informing Americans what they are and what they do to restrict competition, I'd be with him. I don't think he's got that in him.
    12-03-2015 09:20 AM
    It's not appropriate anywhere on this forum. You created this thread in the Windows 10 Mobile section, so keep things related to Windows 10 Mobile please.
    rhapdog and xandros9 like this.
    12-03-2015 09:33 AM
    Editguy, it's because of the anticipation of W10 and that's failing because Nadella is a misogynist *** and isn't doing the job to get people comfortable to commit without apps. Not doing that is failing. The Philadelphia 76ers broke their losing steak by beating the Lakers, are they back as a major player in the NBA East, hell no! By the way, all stocks are up.
    No, it's because he ahs opened up MS and welcomed partnerships that benefit both MS and the other companies. Listen to what CEO's from other companies are saying. They want to do business with MS now. He has MS on a trajectory to be a dominant, creative force. That was something that hadn't been true for a very long time.
    rhapdog likes this.
    12-03-2015 12:38 PM
    America is not a big market anymore now that the BIG Asian countries are taking the lead. Frankly, few people care about what happens in USA anymore.
    That's hilarious. Delusional, but hilarious.
    12-04-2015 11:37 PM
    Most people who
    12-05-2015 04:59 PM
    Most people who lead families to the cell phones they but are young. Often, parents buy what they're adult children have. Young people want Facebook, Twitter, FaceTime, Bank Apps, Dating apps. They check these things all day long. Without any of them, they'll say, that's phone, No Way and the customer is gone. What CEOs are knocking at MS's door? Has Nadella made that again better, no. Has he made Word and Excel better, no. Has he done anything innovative, I dint see it. The Surfaces are nice. So where I'd this influx of customers coming from. Who will switch? Has he informed America what Apple has done, NO and that's a vig mistake and for that alone he has to go. What he said to women, unforgivable and to me shows he has no idea about America. Zero! No banks, no dating Apps, there are so many apps that just list IOS and Andoid and not attacking Apple tells me MS needs a change fast, either Nadella goes it he stays doing these things.
    12-05-2015 05:12 PM
    Most people who lead families to the cell phones they but are young. Often, parents buy what they're adult children have. Young people want Facebook, Twitter, FaceTime, Bank Apps, Dating apps. They check these things all day long. Without any of them, they'll say, that's phone, No Way and the customer is gone. What CEOs are knocking at MS's door? Has Nadella made that again better, no. Has he made Word and Excel better, no. Has he done anything innovative, I dint see it. The Surfaces are nice. So where I'd this influx of customers coming from. Who will switch? Has he informed America what Apple has done, NO and that's a vig mistake and for that alone he has to go. What he said to women, unforgivable and to me shows he has no idea about America. Zero! No banks, no dating Apps, there are so many apps that just list IOS and Andoid and not attacking Apple tells me MS needs a change fast, either Nadella goes it he stays doing these things.
    How long are going keep repeating this narrative?

In other threads you've already backtracked on your "ZERO BANKS" claims, yet here you are staring it all over again.

Now, you've added that there are ""no dating apps", yet there are many and a simple store search would show that.

You even mention Facetime... an iOS exclusive OS built in app that has zero chance of being released on ANY OTHER OS.

By the way, Office 2016 has been released and there are some fairly substantial updates to both Excel and Word.

The ranting about Nadella's comments at a woman's conference is odd too. His comments were misunderstood and taken completely out of context. I'd urge you to investigate that situation a little more beyond the headlines.

I also find it interesting that someone writing in broken English is ranting about someone understanding America.

Seriously, you've got a handful of points that you just posting over and over again. Let it go, or at least find better material.
    xandros9 likes this.
    12-05-2015 10:27 PM
    Enough spinning wheels here.
    I think this thread has served it's purpose.

Closed
    12-05-2015 11:07 PM
46 12