Where Are The Ads? Where Is the Marketing?

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Am I just not watching enough TV or hitting the wrong places on the internet?

Over the past couple months I've seen ads/commercials for a few MS products, such as Windows Hello, Surface, Windows 10, and Xbox commericals are every other minute. Where is the advertisement for everything else?

The MS Band 2 is easily one of the best fitness bands (cross-platform at that) in the market and has zero ads/commercials
Office 2016 is terrific but no ads/commercials
MSN is much improved, yet no ads/commercials
Bing is terrific, no ads/commercials
Groove Music, nothing. Nada.
Skype, nothing.
MS Azure, nothing.

Geo Hutchings

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Am I just not watching enough TV or hitting the wrong places on the internet?

Over the past couple months I've seen ads/commercials for a few MS products, such as Windows Hello, Surface, Windows 10, and Xbox commericals are every other minute. Where is the advertisement for everything else?

The MS Band 2 is easily one of the best fitness bands (cross-platform at that) in the market and has zero ads/commercials
Office 2016 is terrific but no ads/commercials
MSN is much improved, yet no ads/commercials
Bing is terrific, no ads/commercials
Groove Music, nothing. Nada.
Skype, nothing.
MS Azure, nothing.

You can add Lumia to that

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
It seems they intentionally advertise just the Surface as this seems to be the brand they're building their future upon. With Surface, they hope to create the halo effect. People buy Surface and ultimately start looking into other Microsoft "surface-eqse" devices. Surface, to Phone, to Band, etc.

It seems to be working as Surface sales are on track to catch or exceed iPad sales based on recent data. This is the tidal wave they need to ride with their next phone.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I see roadside billboards, shop posters, newspaper adverts, telcom adverts for lumia devices on a regular basis - Kenya

Advertising is happening, in developing nations, where the real potential is :wink:

OldMillXxX

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I believe you Chintan. My comments were directed at US advertising only.

Do they advertise on the unique features of Windows Mobile, or just that there is a phone available?

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Here in Tulsa on a local (and popular) morning talk show radio station there was a promotion for the 950 on at&t. Yes I was very surprised. Only heard it once tho.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes