Why is Microsoft Not communicating with its customers?

Dono Newcomb

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I heard a rumor that Windows Phone is imploding, and that due to lack of app support customers are leaving for other brands so much that the whole project may be soon going extinct?

I love my 1520, have not had any problems to speak of with it. It would be a shame to let customers think that the project is going down the tubes if it really isn't.

Please give us the scoop, silence is a very dangerous thing, if the customer base at least thinks something is in the works they may hang on longer. And I don't mean vague beating around the bush, speak plainly and loudly. You have a great product, and almost had a great start with windows phone 10 when it looked like it was going to be released, but the guessing and uncertainty coupled with the smack talking of the competition is not going to bode well if something isn't done quickly.

If it is going to be postponed please explain and communicate. Remember the customers are ultimately what makes your company work, sorta like a boss, if you don't communicate with your boss when things get delayed you job can be put in serious jeopardy, and done enough time will result in you looking for a new boss.

I am not saying you need to give out company secrets, but please do reassure the existing customer base so they don't feel abandoned.

Can you do that?

Dono Newcomb

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Okay, well I cant find the info, at least nothing concrete, but there is a lot of vague second hand stuff floating around, you got a link?

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
with rumors that there is a new product device coming to replace phones in some way at the end of 2016.

I think this is what Microsoft has to do to get big in mobile. They don't seem to have much of a chance competing with iOS and Android on the same plane. What Microsoft is trying to do now reminds me of this:

6f8ecab3-a2b8-4d99-ba37-7fe826b09f2f.jpg

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I think this is what Microsoft has to do to get big in mobile. They don't seem to have much of a chance competing with iOS and Android on the same plane. What Microsoft is trying to do now reminds me of this:

View attachment 119475

The coolest product redefining project out there to me is actually Project Ara. I hope whatever Microsoft does is a drastic change like that.

Ten Four

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I am not saying you need to give out company secrets, but please do reassure the existing customer base so they don't feel abandoned.
The answer is to create great products at a sensible price and the rest will take care of itself. Customers who are getting what they want don't need to be reassured. Reassurance implies that they will be telling you everything is going to be OK at some point in the future, but the history of technology is full of lots of disappointed consumers when for whatever reason a company takes a different fork in the road.

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I don't think Microsoft is abandoning existing Windows Phone users for the near future at least, otherwise they'd have canned Windows Phone with the write down of their Nokia Division.

Having said that, if the Universal Apps solution doesn't work out, along with even more erosion of market share in the next 12-24 months, I really can't see them continuing with Windows Phone in the consumer space. There has to be a point where they will call it a day although whether it will be abrupt or a slow retreat remains to be seen in that case.

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I don't think Microsoft is abandoning existing Windows Phone users for the near future at least...

They just did with Verizon users. I don't think any of us hold out hope for a CDMA enabled 950/XL, Acer Jade Primo, or even a rehashed previous gen Samsung or LG. A 650? Compared to my Icon is that advancement or commitment? I have pretty low expectations for even a Surface phone - but that's close to a year out anyway....

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
They just did with Verizon users. I don't think any of us hold out hope for a CDMA enabled 950/XL, Acer Jade Primo, or even a rehashed previous gen Samsung or LG. A 650? Compared to my Icon is that advancement or commitment? I have pretty low expectations for even a Surface phone - but that's close to a year out anyway....

I hear what your saying although I understood Verizon just wouldn't work with Microsoft. Having said that I may be in the same boat with T-Mobile. One advantage I do have though is that I can at least use unlocked devices, although I would lose WiFi calling which, while flaky, can be useful.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Windows mobile is there to stay since it is part of the universal windows 10 experience.

3 new phones came out
Windows 10 Mobile has cortana for a few countries which can sync some services with windows 10 pcs - why develop that if WM10 was gong down?
Advertising for lumia devices is still being seen and increasing (at least in my country)
MS has put in a lot of effort and time and funding into WM10. Insiders have put in a lot of effort and time. Surely after all this, it can't be shut down

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Windows mobile is there to stay since it is part of the universal windows 10 experience.

3 new phones came out
Windows 10 Mobile has cortana for a few countries which can sync some services with windows 10 pcs - why develop that if WM10 was gong down?
Advertising for lumia devices is still being seen and increasing (at least in my country)
MS has put in a lot of effort and time and funding into WM10. Insiders have put in a lot of effort and time. Surely after all this, it can't be shut down

The development may be just to allow the same services on Android and iOS. My take on Nadella is he is a realist and the best strategy is the iPhone Pro model-all services available on the other platforms as software and give up on the device manufacture paradigm... At least in phones. When was the last year windows mobile turned a profit?

sevoman

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I heard a rumor that Windows Phone is imploding, and that due to lack of app support customers are leaving for other brands so much that the whole project may be soon going extinct?

I love my 1520, have not had any problems to speak of with it. It would be a shame to let customers think that the project is going down the tubes if it really isn't.

Please give us the scoop, silence is a very dangerous thing, if the customer base at least thinks something is in the works they may hang on longer. And I don't mean vague beating around the bush, speak plainly and loudly. You have a great product, and almost had a great start with windows phone 10 when it looked like it was going to be released, but the guessing and uncertainty coupled with the smack talking of the competition is not going to bode well if something isn't done quickly.

If it is going to be postponed please explain and communicate. Remember the customers are ultimately what makes your company work, sorta like a boss, if you don't communicate with your boss when things get delayed you job can be put in serious jeopardy, and done enough time will result in you looking for a new boss.

Can you do that?

They are not being silent!!! The CEO said a few days ago that the mobile division is not sustainable. There you go. I can almost guarantee you that they have already decided to write off windows phone.

sevoman

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site

3 new phones came out

Surely it can. Look what happened with Windows 8.1. They had to very very quickly re-bundle their entire OS to make Windows 10. It was a disaster. They bought and wrote off Nokia as a loss. Surely when it comes to poor buisiness decisions, anything is possible. HP/Palm, RIM/Blackberry... the list goes on an on. The only thing that makes MS a little different is they have tons of money and other sources of income.. but don't think that windows phone will be pushed indefinitely. The CEO just said a few days ago "our market share is unsustainable". They are at 1.7% about 50% down from 2013.

rocknrollover

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
Kinda reminds me as I went shopping at WalMart today i picked up a 60 min refill for my phone looked at at&t go phones there were 2 android models left and 4 windows phones.seems like that's always the case.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)