Joe Belfiore uses an iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

winboy

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
And besides these guy are already making big buck! Why should they care what we see and and think?

That is more reason for him to not use competitors platform. He should be promoting not demoting what he is being paid big bucks to do his job.

Last edited:

Schnuffi

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Benedict Arnold. That's all I can say. How are they to sell this phone to others businesses to use.

You know I was going to take this back because on Windows weekly, Paul and Mary joe said this was exactly what he was going to do.
But then I thought really you are just getting around to this now. I am dumbfounded I don't know what is more unbelievable. That he is using the competition or just getting around to check them out now. For whatever the reason there is no good outcome people will always believe the worst.

Schnuffi

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Well first of all windows 10 mobile is currently nearing its release so new feature additions are off the table, its more like bug fixes and performance improvements. So he is using other platforms so that windows software works best in them? Yeah that gonna calm down windows phone users.

To be fair they kinda said Windows 10 would never be finished so we can kinda hope for monthly updates.

chasvs

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Yea, it's safe to say WP, Windows Mobile, whatever you want to call it is dead. Microsoft is too busy pumping out quality apps for Android/iPhone and not dedicating any/enough resources to stabilize wm10. They've given up as well, it's pretty clear.

No, not even. But you're too stupid to know that.

mazzmond

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
The lack of apps is what drove me and my family away from WP as well. Silly to some but essential to others jobs. Windows 10 mobile as it currently is baked is a much more frustrating experience than using iPhone or Android at the moment. I have all 3 and while I still prefer the general interface of Windows 10 mobile the lack of apps has really destroyed the system for me. Once you use iOS or android and see how much better the apps are (even if the general operating system is frustrating) it just makes sense. I was a huge apple holdout and in fact the iphone is the first apple device that I've ever bought and used. I hate the operating system but it just really works and works well and the apps are just so much better. I personally don't blame anyone for switching. I still use Windows 10 on all my computers at home and have 4 windows phones sitting here and I hope I can one day return to the platform. Even Microsoft has basically abandoned it for the last couple of years as they get their operating system and infrastructure up to speed. But as we've been saying the last 5 years...next year is the year. Is it?

FirstWatt

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
I didn't read pass page one but 99.9% of the MS employee I meet don't use WP.

Yeah, that's what you feel when you use WP as daily driver.

"How on earth can they put up with this, don't they use it as daily driver?"

I'm not talking about apps, I talk about one of the most important thing for my business life: The calendar.

Daniel Fibikar

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Guys, just take a deep breath and let it go.

I't doesn't matter what Joe is using on his 9 month vacation and put it in perspective, why would he use an Windows Phone? All the apps he needs aren't there for sure.
Using iPhone and trying to figure it out? Okay, he should have done that when that phone came out and not laugh it off with Ballmer, but anyway, Microsoft is no longer pursuing the goal to catch with Android and iOS, that ship sailed years ago for them.
We all see how Nadella lower interest in Windows (Phone) Mobile and how developer at Microsoft clearly aren't ready to ship new version because it's filled with bugs.
I love Windows on my Phone but will let go this year, i'm tired of waiting and you probably are too, that is why you are angry. But i completely understand that Joe is using an iPhone, if i was in his position i would do the same.

EDIT: and to be honest why you should be angry? Just switch, no one is going to blame you, i'm a big fan of Windows but i will let it go, because i want a complete smartphone experience and Windows can't do that now.

Schnuffi

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
The verge who broke this story is huge. They have tones of unique visitors, I have seen estimates of a million a day. Even if a small percentage read this then that is a loss of a lot of potential customers. We are fans here we know the platform most of these people don't and have more of a reason to stay away.

jbestman

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
I understand the angst being shown here, you are fanboys. Joe, on the other hand, is part of huge organization that is.... wait for it..... more than just phones. I completely understand why he would use an iPhone or even an android phone; they are Microsoft biggest users. You know, they use PCs. They use Office. They are the priority.
It just stings because we want to believe that we are all in this mess together. Sorry, Microsoft has to satisfy shareholders. The money is not in Windows Phone users. It is in the users of its services and software. Those users overwhelmingly use iPhones and Android phones. Get over it.
Does it look bad that he used an iPhone? Yep. Is it worth all the noise it is generating here? Nope. But it will continue because we lack self confidence in our platform. And no, if Jony Ives was seen using a Lumia and said he was testing the competition, there will not be an outcry in the Apple community. They are not threatened by Windows Mobile. Of course, there will be some who will complain but most will start suggesting features they hope he brings to the iPhone.
Let's just face it, there are way more crybabies here.

Gregory Newman

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Folks Joe Belfore Stated in a blog he would be testing and using Android and Iphones to evaluate them and their OS. Apps ect while he was leave of absence from Microsoft. all you Dummies calling him a traitor to Windows smart phones are wrong. When he returns to Microsoft. He will be better able to write software for Windows smart phones and recommend hardware changes also. what he is doing is a good thing not a bad thing.

Riopato

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Why is this even a topic of discussion? Joe has already posted on Facebook that he was going to be testing out different phones while on vacation before he left.
It's like the Patriots' Surface Pro problem, anyone associated to Microsoft is to blame for everyone's problems, even when it's not. Nobody's claiming foul to the networking product that actually failed. I love the fact that everyone was calling the Surface an iPad every single game that aired but the first time something went wrong, all of the sudden everyone remembered it a Microsoft Surface Pro!!!???!?!?!?

Schnuffi

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Folks Joe Belfore Stated in a blog he would be testing and using Android and Iphones to evaluate them and their OS. Apps ect while he was leave of absence from Microsoft. all you Dummies calling him a traitor to Windows smart phones are wrong. When he returns to Microsoft. He will be better able to write software for Windows smart phones and recommend hardware changes also. what he is doing is a good thing not a bad thing.

Lord Method Man

May 23, 2014
Visit site

Are you satirizing every silly apologist line used in this thread or is this what you actually believe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro