Joe Belfiore uses an iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riopato

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Whatever works for you best, Microsoft still made it happen.
Windows Phone is still in very early beta (even though windows 10 been released already). But consider the possibility that whatever apps Microsoft makes for iPhone or Android will always translate as a better experience on Windows Phone once Microsoft gets their act together finally stabilize the Windows 10 platform. In the meantime, Joe can intimately figure out how to better that experience by learning Apple's and Googles devices. It's very possible that Windows 10 mobile's UI may make a drastic change for the better because of this. Hopefully Windows Phone users will have something more stable before these changes can be implemented when he gets back.

gpera101

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Exactly.... when my 950xl starts rebooting on its own ( during most crucial moments of the day ) I think to myself " how are the Microsoft CEO's dealing with this" now I know..... they aren't.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Are you just trolling or serious? Windows phone has been around for years

the guy is serious and I agree with him.

Windows Phone has been around for a while, but in moving to 10, there's been a significant regression in the polish that was a hallmark of WP7 and 8.

arwars

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
You simply cannot say he needed a long vacation to look at what iOS/iPhone has been doing for the last 9 years. To say such a thing, expecting others to believe that no one else has had access to the idevices or isoftware, to expect others to think it will somehow make a difference in the coming years that it HASN'T made in the past 9 years... is plain silly and ignorant to think and especially to say.

It's not about learning how to make WM better for YOU or ME..... its simply his personal preference to have something that works and I do not blame him for that. I blame him for WM10 being in the dirt. It's present state. If he has waited until now to try and figure it out, while on vacation, he's done everyone a disservice by ignoring the competition for the last 9 YEARS!

Meanwhile, all MS software is on the iPhone, except the OS. It's better on the iPhone than on a Windows Phone... so whoever IS LOOKING at the competition and writing the software for THEM, has their act together and should take HIS job. Period.

MS is a software and services company that can afford to sometimes do hardware. They've been 'sometimes' doing select hardware for a while, keyboards, mice, xbox, now a surface/surface book. They will release a Surface Phone... and it still wont take off.

WE as consumers of windows mobile, are not their priority or their profit margin. We are a tag line... Universal on all devices. We are the experiment until they stumble upon something that works, until they collectively care about mobile and use it themselves as a daily driver. WM will remain in the dirt until they put in place an executive team that can wrap their minds about what the collective market wants in a pocket device and demand a better mobile experience.

I demand a better mobile experience. I waited for it for years. Now I know why it never happened.

Last edited:

arwars

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
But consider the possibility that whatever apps Microsoft makes for iPhone or Android will always translate as a better experience on Windows Phone once Microsoft gets their act together finally stabilize the Windows 10 platform.

You obviously haven't used their products on multiple platforms or you wouldn't even hint at this, much less say it.

Enjoy the wait in isolation as you sail on the MS Titanic.

Spindlebox

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Personally, I don't see the problem with what good old Joe did, or his reasons for so doing. After all, we've all tried Android and iOS and decided that Windows is for us. That said, from a corporate point of view, it is bad PR. Tweeting is to the public (forum) and if a representative, especially one of the big wigs, of a company is going to post something to the public, it should be from his own platform. What one does in private is just that, private. Imagine the opposite, Tim Cook of the wildly successful Apple, Tweeting from an Android phone! And he can afford to!!!

arwars

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
Tim Cook has no reason to. His product works.

It's not that Joe uses one personally while on vacation, I don't blame him for that.

It's his stated reason, to see what the iOS/iPhone experience is.

If the iPhone just came out, if Android just came out, I can see the justification saying he needed to see what the competition was doing.

jbestman

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
I don't get why this bothers you so much.
Look, this is a no win for Joe. If he botches on explaining a feature on the iPhone. Example; "I do not think you can use the fingerprint reader to pay on the app store", most people here will jump on his throat for not knowing that. Comments like, "No wonder Windows Mobile is so behind when you do not even know the iPhone has a very versatile fingerprint reader", would be heard.
The man, on his own free time, decides to try use the MOST RECENT version of iOS to familiarize himself with it and people still jump on his throat. Like I said, we are too sensitive here in the WC community.

Lord Method Man

May 23, 2014
Visit site
The iPhone wasn't Nadella's, he said it himself.

Sure it wasn't. He uses a 950XL! Well, he probably did right up until it randomly rebooted while he was in the middle of using it.

Face it, Microsoft was so proud of their iOS offerings that the CEO himself went out to show them off. Did Nadella unveil the 950 and 950XL "flagships"? No, instead they just had Panos Panay stand there with them and show them to the public with the enthusiasm of a 10 year old being forced to show his dad his C- report card.

tofferne

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
It?s great he is the user of a iPhone, if not he doesn't know how to kill them, it?s his job. He just show us he is serious and means it, great, a real MS guy.

soil2oil

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
the guy is serious and I agree with him.

Windows Phone has been around for a while, but in moving to 10, there's been a significant regression in the polish that was a hallmark of WP7 and 8.

Ok if that's your view, but I didn't see him say that. Only claim that windows phone is still in beta, enough time has passed si ce windows 7 that windows phone should no longer be in beta was my point

MikeX74

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Tell me you know Joe is not the CEO of Microsoft.

Of course I do. Why would I not know that? That's why I said that if anyone at Apple would use a non-Apple device, it would be a software engineer, not an executive like Cook. If Cook even breathed on a non-Apple device, it would be all over the internet like flies on a turd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6