Joe Belfiore uses an iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesse Venables

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
Is this on par with Tim Cook tweeting on his Samsung Galaxy 6? Yes IMO.

For Joe and knowing he is a public face for the Platform... pretty embarrassing. It's fine if he uses a phone but he shouldn't be caught with it. Say what you want about Elop but when he was on TV and in Interviews, I remember him stealing and smashing iPhones to promote Windows. Sad day for the Platform Indeed if you want my take on it.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Dollars to donuts that the Surface Phone will be an Android device. Apps are not coming to Windows. That is all.

Nah I don't think so, a Surface Phone running Android would defeat the purpose of Surface Phone and make about as much sense as an Android laptop.

anon(185988)

Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
I'm fairly certain that people in all companies use their competitors products. For example, I was recently at an Apple store, and one of their employees used Android as well as iOS because they preferred the ability to customize their homescreen. Or, an ATT who has a Sprint phone as their personal phone, etc.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Its fine for them to use what ever they want. But not in public where it can be displayed on the media. Its like the guy that goes around with a KICK me sign on this back. And he knows its there.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I really don't see the big deal if one of company X's employees uses company Y's phones for their personal use. What's next, no Chevys at Ford's parking lot?

Schnuffi

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
The problem is there is no good way to spin this. Haters will be haters. What he uses as a test phone or not doesn't really matter. What matters is he was caught and he should have seen the s***storm coming if he was caught. That's why I now will question his judgment on anything he does in the future because it makes him look like an ***** and by association us as well.

Last edited:

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Looks like he is twitting via iPhone

http://www.theverge.com/2016/1/26/10832284/joe-belfiore-iphone-user

no excuses:

1 - His response is a complete bull
2 - He is using iPhone because it does have all official apps that he needs for traveling. (Social, etc...)
3 - Microsoft needs to do something with him. He is a "icon" for windows
devices and doing this will hurt the platform even more.

1) That's your opinion
2) Your evidence for this is where? That's just you saying something and acting like it must be true
3) No, they don't. idiots like you who don't understand you need to really use a phone for a long time to understand its upsides and downsides. You have zero idea how this works. So shut up
4) Go have your cry somewhere else
5) Why is this site full of self-righteous tunnel-vision morons?

WinCoffee

Banned
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Getting cancer from this forum thread... Maybe it's just there's all "Die Hard Fans".
Seriously whatever he is usin iPhone...
I'm using Windows 10 Mobile...
I like it, I use it.
He probably likes iPhone and he is using it.

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
The verge who broke this story is huge. They have tones of unique visitors, I have seen estimates of a million a day. Even if a small percentage read this then that is a loss of a lot of potential customers. We are fans here we know the platform most of these people don't and have more of a reason to stay away.

I don't know why this move of Belfiore, using an iphone and making "sure" everyone is seeing it, was not an intended move for MS to ease the kill for windows mobile division, signs that everyone could see, signs that show the truth.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Nah I don't think so, a Surface Phone running Android would defeat the purpose of Surface Phone and make about as much sense as an Android laptop.

Off topic: I'm not sure.

There are a few ways to rationalize killing Project Astoria, making WM's UI very Android like, and ditching the Lumia brand (the L650 will allegedly be the last one).
Out of all the possible rationalizations, the idea that the Surface Phone could be based on Cyanogen and include W10's UWP components (so it could run universal apps) seems to almost make the most sense.
I wouldn't be too surprised.

teng_m

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
This is like an McDonald employee, while still wearing their uniform, is eating at burger king during their break.
It's not illegal per se' but it is really bad for the image of the company they are working for

passat31

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
oh boy ..what a relief ..I thought it was using a windows phone.The thing is : how can you convince anyone now to switch or even upgrade to a windows phone if the head of windows phone department and I'm sure almost all its employees are using Iphones.......why do I the simple user have to support Microsoft and buy a windows phone? If its dead already and even its employees are not using the platform then ..they tricked us again.

deepak12345

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
If they continue by not concentrating on windows phone even a little. I dont think the platform would last another year. See how much of the sales declined 1st problem because of the less number of devices 2nd they are busy concentrating on other platforms.

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Once I used to praise WP 8 and 8.1 and convinced many to switch. boy that was a nice period. Now I would not dare to even try to speak of switching to Win10 as buggy and crappy as it is.

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
He is a spy! kidding, I see no problem using an iPhone or Android device. Microsoft services are available for all of them!

Yes they are, and work better. but the excuse he wrote is despicable really...I mean come on, the iphone and android are on the market for a long time, don't tell me that he does not know what those platforms can and can't do, even more if MS has apps on them...

Lord Method Man

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Yes they are, and work better. but the excuse he wrote is despicable really...I mean come on, the iphone and android are on the market for a long time, don't tell me that he does not know what those platforms can and can't do, even more if MS has apps on them...

I'd be happier if he just told the truth and said iPhone works better for his needs. His excuse was pretty bad and was only believed by the most institutionalized of fanboys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99