Strategy that can save Windows Mobile via Surface Phone

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Like many ive bucked the trend and jumped into the MS pool, swam and treadeded water for a while before starting to get that sinking feeling. Never one to be negative i firmly believe that solutions are embedded in the problems.

The rumourville is always at full swing on the Apple siod of things, the iPhone 7 due in september may have.....

no 3.5mm jack making it very very thin
waterproof
powerfull
bigger battery
OLED screen?

Plus other reported niceties....back to my once loved WP And MS...how can they compete?....well thier is one way and if they do this then i will immediately jump back to WP and tip my hat off to some great strategy, a simple strategy of giving the good stuff to iOS and Android, the services soo many of us complain are better on competitor platforms...i hope they have done this on purpose, only to grab users usuing those platforms and make them think, wow, MS have a great keyboard, Onedrive is great etc, then BANG...Surfsce Phone is announced...looks great, can compete withthe iPhone 7 AND has exclusive native apps and services that have features above and beyond those available on other platforms....keyboard is better, all the Apps are better, dare i say...Office is better?.... I hope they are doing what they are doing to entice and hook the sheep and later fish them out to our way of thinking!

Thats the only solutuon i can see tbh.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
That sounds good in theory, but it does not sound like it would work in practice. Microsoft Office did not sell Windows Phones when it was an exclusive app. Productivity and business apps sound good in theory but don't sell phones. BlackBerry tried that with the "People Who Do" and "Tools, not Toys" campaigns, which failed miserably.

Richard Culverhouse

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Knotek: What is the point in people posting if you are going to get pissy and delete anything you don't agree with? My comment contained NO offensive language and was NOT a 'personal' attack against any particular member.
Is there a way to refute this, or are mod's decisions final?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
That sounds good in theory, but it does not sound like it would work in practice. Microsoft Office did not sell Windows Phones when it was an exclusive app. Productivity and business apps sound good in theory but don't sell phones. BlackBerry tried that with the "People Who Do" and "Tools, not Toys" campaigns, which failed miserably.

I agree and have one more remark. If this surface phone gets all the "features/ apps and whatever" how about the "old" phones. Are they left behind and Windows phone becomes "only" a high end brand?

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's the same as before. If apps and features depend on hardware components/memory, then that's what they'll get. "Older" phones will still get updates and additional features that are supported by their hardware.

Richard Culverhouse

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Final and supported. You're allowed to have your own opinion, but saying "retarted iPhone fanboys" isn't great any more than people on Apple forums call WP consumers "retarded".

But they do. So screw 'em!
By fair enough...I should be more careful with my phrasing....

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
[INFO]When you register for an account you are offered a link to and agree to accept our terms and conditions.

Capture01.png

In part it advises that

Mobile Nations reserves the right to edit or delete any comments, at any time, as deemed necessary due to member conduct without warning.

Further we urge all members to view our Community Rules & Guidelines. Here you will find the terms and conditions reiterated and amplified.

This document acts as guidelines for both our users and moderators. We cannot imagine every circumstance and reserve the right to change these rules, move/remove/edit/close threads and posts, and warn/penalize/ban members at our discretion with or without reason at any time.

And this further advice:

Do not post complaints about Moderators. Mobile Nations has the highest regard for individuals who volunteer their time to be a moderator. Every day, our moderators read through hundreds of threads and posts, and all moderator decisions are final. We trust that any action that a moderator takes will follow the above rules and guidelines. Please send a PM to a Moderator if you have questions about any moderator action.
[/INFO]

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
While sometimes people get carried away with their personal thoughts its still a positive thing that so many people have such strong feelings about Windows phones that they lose their tempers. I am sure when they calm down they realize we are talking about phones. Not something that is going to change our world and really make a difference in our society. We all get emotional at times, its a fault we all humans have.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb