1020 successor??

Status
Not open for further replies.

1020 lover

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
what are microsoft doing?? LG, Sony and Samsung are catching quickly in camera performance and microsoft are just watching and doing nothing

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
News on a 1020 successor? None. Rumors on a 1020 successor? Hundreds.

But let's just focus on the news. Discussing rumors usually doesn't end well.

According to a recently-written article (Feb 2016) which I won't link to, they have numerous reliable sources that a Lumia 1050 will be released in 2016. However, no matter how "reliable" those sources are, "Microsoft hasn't confirmed the release [or the makings] of a 1050", to quote the same article.

As you can see, even the "News" is about a rumor. So, bottom line, we're still left in a vacuum.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
what are microsoft doing?? LG, Sony and Samsung are catching quickly in camera performance and microsoft are just watching and doing nothing

Yup. The 950's don't have bad cameras by any means though, they just don't have the raw MP count. But even then they are very competitive today.

The day the 1050 is released is the day I sell my 1020.

That phone won't be entering the secondhand-market ever I guess then.
(The 1020 was supposedly "Nokia's thing" not a Microsoft perk. Maybe they fired the PureView engineers.)

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
After the way Microsoft treated the Nokia people even if they were not let go they probably all quit. Microsoft is MUD in Finland.

skstrials

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
The 1020's Pureview was an awesome camera, but you do not need Pureview to have a great camera.

Take a look at the allaboutsymbian camera test comparing the latest Samsung and Apple phones against Pureview phones.
http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/features/item/20331_Im_calling_it-the_age_of_Nokia.php

You decide for yourself, but I would say that the Nokia camera supremacy is over.

Posted via the Windows Central App for BlackBerry 10

skstrials

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Whats funny is that guy was trying to discredit nokia pureview. HOWEVER he did a **** poor job of it. Every photo that he posted, the 1020s photos were better than the note 4s. Not a compelling argument.

How about this comparison. The 1020 mops the latest apple offering in image quality.

Camera head to head: Nokia Lumia 1020 versus Apple iPhone 6 Plus

I find Steve Litchfield to be quite unbiased. The allaboutwindowsphone article you posted is from the same person who wrote my allaboutsymbian article. They are both run by the same person.

Allaboutsymbian article posted all of the pictures from the phones. Even if you think the pictures from the 1020 are better, you would agree that the differences are marginal.

Posted via the Windows Central App for BlackBerry 10

skstrials

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Steve is a long time Nokia user and a fan and have been doing the camera tests for a long time. There is no reason for him to intentionally discredit Nokia phones.

But back to the topic, I would not count on having a 1020 successor.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I didn't say he was bias. I said he didn't provide compelling evidence to support his claims. There is a big difference. The 1020s camera is still the best for overall image quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077