New SNAPCHAT app for windows 10!!!

Omar9399

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
hey everyone I just read an article about snapchat app for windows 10

"The app is currently in its very early stages and does not pack a ton of features ? yet. For now, here is what the app offers:

login with your existing account
send image messages
receive text, image and video messages"

store link: http://clkde.tradedoubler.com/click?p=263915&a=2775081&g=0&url=https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/specter/9nblggh5kldb

is anyone willing to try it?
how long will it be in the store?

Mikeandhis8x

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
This will go the way of 6snap very soon. Our only hope for this darn app is Rudy Huyn who will be talking to snap chat officials in the spring in hopes of bringing the app to WP.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
This will go the way of 6snap very soon. Our only hope for this darn app is Rudy Huyn who will be talking to snap chat officials in the spring in hopes of bringing the app to WP.

Meh wouldn't hold my breath.. Previous "talks" have yielded nada and they simply don't like our OS :winktongue: of course liking sth and simply doing business are two different things, but considering that the latest data doesn't show a growth in marketshare for WP or Windows Mobile (whichever you want to call it), there is no reason for them to develop an app for us just yet.

Seeing as they are boycotting us, it would probably be ok to boycott them and say we don't want your stinking app, but if you tell a kid that snapchat isn't available on this platform he'll probably try to run as far away from it as he can. Then again WP could become the premier platform for parents looking to kick their kids off snapchat :evil:

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Meh wouldn't hold my breath.. Previous "talks" have yielded nada and they simply don't like our OS :winktongue: of course liking sth and simply doing business are two different things, but considering that the latest data doesn't show a growth in marketshare for WP or Windows Mobile (whichever you want to call it), there is no reason for them to develop an app for us just yet.

Seeing as they are boycotting us, it would probably be ok to boycott them and say we don't want your stinking app, but if you tell a kid that snapchat isn't available on this platform he'll probably try to run as far away from it as he can. Then again WP could become the premier platform for parents looking to kick their kids off snapchat :evil:

If Microsoft had any brains at all, they would turn this "so called" disadvantage into an advantage, with that very thought!!!!

Start an ad or two about your kids and Internet safety, and spin it as "We don't want Snapchat on our platform, as it can expose our youngsters to many bad things and people" :) Push the safety thing and spin it in their looking out for us ;)

Apple sure knows how to spin crap and make it seem like the best thing since sliced bread........"The digital Crown" a spin phrase for a Watch Stem.

sprtfan

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I really don't think there is much Microsoft could do and I'm not sure if the safety angle would really play well. They could potentially come up with a competing app that is universal and would also work on tablets, PCs, WP in addition to iOS and Android. I doubt this would do anything either but if they were able to show some penetration on traditional computers and tablets, it could motivate snapchat to come to the platform. Not likely to work and ultimately you can't force a company to do something they don't want to do.

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I really don't think there is much Microsoft could do and I'm not sure if the safety angle would really play well. They could potentially come up with a competing app that is universal and would also work on tablets, PCs, WP in addition to iOS and Android. I doubt this would do anything either but if they were able to show some penetration on traditional computers and tablets, it could motivate snapchat to come to the platform. Not likely to work and ultimately you can't force a company to do something they don't want to do.

In fact Microsoft did come up with something Snapchat like......self deleting messages and media...I do believe it's called Qix or Quick for Skype. Unless I mixed up names and apps.....no matter.....you can't just cobble together code and hope you have the killer app. They can't knock Snap over with an app.

They have to spin, but as stated above, they have almost zero Mobile ad placement. And here I thought they were starting to figure it out after the Dancing, clicking Surface ads. Sadly no.

sprtfan

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
In fact Microsoft did come up with something Snapchat like......self deleting messages and media...I do believe it's called Qix or Quick for Skype. Unless I mixed up names and apps.....no matter.....you can't just cobble together code and hope you have the killer app. They can't knock Snap over with an app.

They have to spin, but as stated above, they have almost zero Mobile ad placement. And here I thought they were starting to figure it out after the Dancing, clicking Surface ads. Sadly no.

My best case scenario from the post was basically MS being able to show that there was a demand on other Windows 10 devices not just phone which I'm not sure would even be true. The only way to get snapchat to come would be showing them that it would be worth while. Not sure how you got knock Snap over with an app. from my post. I was basically saying the only way they would come is if they believed there was a market on other Windows 10 devices since Windows phone has such a small market share. I'm not sure if there would actually be any demand though and would be pretty hard to show.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05