BlackBerry + Microsoft 10 Mobile OS = BlackBerry Surface

JDSharpe00

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site
I'm 100% sure that a BlackBerry running Windows 10 Mobile OS will sell off the shelves!
This would be the phone of everyones dream. Pure beauty.

Call it the BlackBerry Surface.

blackberry-vienna-android.jpg

LockOnTech

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Probably not going to happen anytime soon, blackberry found out the hard way that they were comfortable in android's ecosystem.

Edit: they were "slightly" comfortable in android's ecosystem.

Last edited:

JDSharpe00

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site
I think the phone looks awesome actually. Depends on what you like. Microsoft and Nokia sure have not put out any design worthy devices. So maybe it's time they look outside the box. Nokias design team is something BlackBerry has always needed anyways.

JDSharpe00

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site
I think BlackBerry's newest CEO is always looking to make the company profitable. Especially the hardware division of the company. For the newest CEO, it's all about where can we make sales to make money. Windows is a viable option and they have nothing to lose.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm 100% sure that some Frankenstein's Monster of BlackBerry and Windows Phone, or the two mobile operating systems that no one seems to be buying, would not take the market by storm.

BlackBerry has just finally committed to Android, the number one mobile operating system by a mile, so I don't see any compelling reason that Blackberry would use a Windows OS. The only way that would happen would be if Microsoft bought BB, and I don't see any way that wouldn't be a mess.

JDSharpe00

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site
Considering the Windows 10 Mobile OS adoption rate, I think it's safe to say there wont be an issue there. Also considering government agencies such such NYPD are already using Windows Phones, again, I see no issue in terms of adopting th Windows 10 Mobile OS.

The hardware may or may not matter. While keeping in mind that people loved BlackBerry hardware (i.e. keypad) and still love the security (i.e. BlackBerry PRIV is the most secure device on the market).

There does not need to be a "compelling" reason at all. Here are two simple reasons; Microsoft is actively looking for OEM's and BlackBerry is actively seeking out way to ensure their hardware division makes money.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If Windows 10 Mobile gets its act together than it might be nice.

I'm a huge sucker for not only the sliding Pre/Venue/Torch/Priv form factor, but also devices like this. (Classic, Treo, Pixi...)

I might use a modern device like this.

Spectrum90

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
The hardware may or may not matter. While keeping in mind that people loved BlackBerry hardware (i.e. keypad) and still love the security (i.e. BlackBerry PRIV is the most secure device on the market).

There does not need to be a "compelling" reason at all. Here are two simple reasons; Microsoft is actively looking for OEM's and BlackBerry is actively seeking out way to ensure their hardware division makes money.

The Priv is not the most secure phone. Even BlackBerry CEO admits that Priv is behind Samsung Knox and BlackPhone.

It seems sales of the Priv are disappointing. Rumors are that BlackBerry could announce the end of the hardware division in April. They didn't say a word about phones in MWC.

skstrials

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
As a current BlackBerry 10 user, I would love the idea!

BlackBerry hardwares are built solid; and they look professional and "mature", unlike the HTCs, Samsungs, and Apples.

Posted via the Windows Central App for BlackBerry 10

OTCHRussell

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
As a current BlackBerry 10 user, I would love the idea!

BlackBerry hardwares are built solid; and they look professional and "mature", unlike the HTCs, Samsungs, and Apples.

Posted via the Windows Central App for BlackBerry 10

I am also a BB10 fan. I am getting a Lumia 950 to see if I would get along with a windows phone, just in case. Putting Win10 on a BB? I will have to see how I like the Lumia before I could weigh into that. I REALLY love my BB10s.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077