If Ink comes to Mobile 10...Microsoft has a Galaxy Note killer....and they don't even know it yet.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I sure will. I'm seriously anxious to get this. I know it's got some spec issues, but I've always wanted a 7 inch W10M device. Trying to keep my excitement in check, though. Ha ha
I'll run it through its paces, and put some pics and thoughts in the forums here. :)

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Just found my HP Executive Pen. Now, all I need is the Cube. :)

I did a search and the first thing I read.....
"The HP Executive Tablet Pen
is an “Active Capacitive” pen and uses a digitizer built
in to the screen to allow communication between the
tablet screen and the pen. "

http://www.hp.com/united-states/hp-executive-tablet-pen-whitepaper.pdf

Does this Pen work with any other touch device????? If you can check with any device not built for pen to be sure.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Once I found it, I gave it a go. It didn't work....at first. I tried it on my Elitepad. It didn't work. So, I put a fresh battery in, and it worked with my 1520 with no problems at all. I really didn't think that it would, but it did.
Do you think the Dell active stylus would work. They are all over eBay for like $15. The HP pen is a bit bulky.

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Once I found it, I gave it a go. It didn't work....at first. I tried it on my Elitepad. It didn't work. So, I put a fresh battery in, and it worked with my 1520 with no problems at all. I really didn't think that it would, but it did.
Do you think the Dell active stylus would work. They are all over eBay for like $15. The HP pen is a bit bulky.

The dell is one that I have known about, but I was under the impression the Dell's have a built in digitizer layer. I was in hopes to find someone who already had a Dell + Dell Stylus that could run tests on a phone. I was also in hopes one of the WC guys would catch interest and help make a master list of Stylus that work across all Windows Phones. They have access to demo models and review units + if they start a list I am sure more would follow with added info.
Much like my Acer W3 when I started with it I read the Acer web site as they also have an Active Stylus, but list only 3 or 4 models it works with. Not all Active Stylus are the same.
I focused my search down to the ones that were marketed for iOS as iPad and iPhone don't have a digitizer layer like Surface.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Seems to me the key is a powered capacitive nib. That's based on my perusal of "iOS" compatible stylus offering on Amazon. Many marked for iOS also state Samsung and Windows. The common denominator seems to be powering the nib to get touch recognition.

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Seems to me the key is a powered capacitive nib. That's based on my perusal of "iOS" compatible stylus offering on Amazon. Many marked for iOS also state Samsung and Windows. The common denominator seems to be powering the nib to get touch recognition.

Yes sir !! A tiny charge to mimic the static your finger gives. Add a fine tip and you have a more pen like response ( far better then the fat mush tip), now if you add drivers and goodies found in an SDK this takes a step up. To be honest this would never be as wonderful as ones with built in digitizers, but for the average person who is not digitally painting a master art work, this would be a very good entry to Pen for notes and doodles.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Getting pretty geeked up. I selected this stylus on Amazon and UPS should be delivering it today.

My main use will be on my touchscreen laptop. I do so many screen shots with Snip every day and I'm always annotating them. And I really want to leverage Ink better on my desktop + Bamboo Paper + Fresh Paint + OneNote + Notebook Pro + Squid + yeah gimme moar 'cause that's what I got a motherlovin' touchscreen laptop for. I'm building an Ink section on my Start.

I'll check it out on my phones and tablets as well...

My wife is waiting to see how my results go before she buys in. She has the same Dell Inspiron i3543 that I have.

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Getting pretty geeked up. I selected this stylus on Amazon and UPS should be delivering it today.

My main use will be on my touchscreen laptop. I do so many screen shots with Snip every day and I'm always annotating them. And I really want to leverage Ink better on my desktop + Bamboo Paper + Fresh Paint + OneNote + Notebook Pro + Squid + yeah gimme moar 'cause that's what I got a motherlovin' touchscreen laptop for. I'm building an Ink section on my Start.

I'll check it out on my phones and tablets as well...

My wife is waiting to see how my results go before she buys in. She has the same Dell Inspiron i3543 that I have.

I hope it fits all your needs !!!! Please please please post up screen caps, and if you can any video demo !!!! This looks very interesting and I like the price !!!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786