06-18-2016 06:39 PM
82 ... 234
tools
    Until they update the privacy terms.
    They have to tell you the Terms are being updated, at which time you can agree or leave. If you don't agree they have to abide by the Terms in place when they bought. . .
    06-16-2016 04:31 PM
    They have to tell you the Terms are being updated, at which time you can agree or leave. If you don't agree they have to abide by the Terms in place when they bought. . .
    Yes, of course. The argument was that if MS wanted to do data mining to an extreme extent, it would be something to avoid. Then the response to that implied that they couldn't do that due to their terms. And my response to that was that they can simply update their terms (i.e they're temporary terms, so their current terms means absolutely nothing).
    06-16-2016 04:59 PM
    A professional social network, as a system to increase the efficiency of the labor market and the productivity of individual workers, could be a huge business. However, I don't think LinkedIn or Microsoft have the competences to make it work.
    In its current state LinkedIn is not very useful.
    06-16-2016 06:38 PM
    Dynamics CRM is my forte for past six years... Based on my experience with various clients, I think this is a very good acquisition. Its like this.. MS already has yammer for enterprise collab.. now they need something like Facebook to be integrated with CRM, which can enhance the social listening skills thereby enriching contacts, leads, accounts information almost at real-time. This will help them to understand the needs of their customers, say to run a campaign..

Ofcourse you cannot buy facebook, the next big thing that has billions of users is obviously linkedIn and considering its a professional network we can expect that it is with updated information.

Microsoft is competing with Salesforce.com by bringing in huge amount of data that a Dynamics CRM customer can use.. I think this is a very good buy.. But we need to wait, to see how the integration is going to happen and what is going to be LinkedIn's future. Hope everything goes well..

Shouldn't turn out a nokia..
    groady-ho baluzy likes this.
    06-16-2016 10:57 PM
    We're quick to point out the Nokia failure when it comes to purchases made by MSFT, however was it really a failure because it hasn't shown a growth the likes of Apple or Google in the past six years? Some investments by dividends immediately, where most pay off in the long run. I actually look at the Nokia purchase not being a total bust for MSFT, and the technology acquired by that purchase will eventually pay dividends. The purchase of Skype still hasn't truly paid dividends, but I think MSFT is just scratching the surface with how to really utilize it and now with LinkedIn, I can see that expounding from a business and enterprise perspective. These purchases will take years to really pan out but I do think LinkedIn was something that if MSFT's focus is to be the enterprise part of the spectrum, it was a necessary purchase. The Minecraft purchase was a good one, but what I'm really looking forward to is when you integrate it with Hololens.
    I think sometimes MSFT has their hands in so many pots its hard to see what direction they're trying to go in. I do think however they have been doing a pretty good job as of late and I expect that to continue.
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    06-18-2016 04:45 PM
    We're quick to point out the Nokia failure when it comes to purchases made by MSFT, however was it really a failure because it hasn't shown a growth the likes of Apple or Google in the past six years? Some investments by dividends immediately, where most pay off in the long run. I actually look at the Nokia purchase not being a total bust for MSFT, and the technology acquired by that purchase will eventually pay dividends. The purchase of Skype still hasn't truly paid dividends, but I think MSFT is just scratching the surface with how to really utilize it and now with LinkedIn, I can see that expounding from a business and enterprise perspective. These purchases will take years to really pan out but I do think LinkedIn was something that if MSFT's focus is to be the enterprise part of the spectrum, it was a necessary purchase. The Minecraft purchase was a good one, but what I'm really looking forward to is when you integrate it with Hololens.
    I think sometimes MSFT has their hands in so many pots its hard to see what direction they're trying to go in. I do think however they have been doing a pretty good job as of late and I expect that to continue.
    I think the issue is the time Microsoft takes to do anything. Microsoft acquired Skype 5 years ago but hasn't really done anything with it. 5 years is an eternity to a stockholder.
    theefman, N_LaRUE and libra89 like this.
    06-18-2016 05:27 PM
    I think the issue is the time Microsoft takes to do anything. Microsoft acquired Skype 5 years ago but hasn't really done anything with it. 5 years is an eternity to a stockholder.
    I agree with you. I think often it seems like Microsoft buys a company without having a real plan for what to do after the purchase.
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    06-18-2016 06:39 PM
82 ... 234