Isn't the HP Elite X3 the surface phone? It meets all the rumours almost perfectly

Danobe

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
Thanks. Asking you was part of doing my homework. I need to start somewhere, lol.

Edit:
Btw, I did an Amazon search for "Adonit Jot Script" - a bewildering number of Adonit pens popped up.

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. Asking you was part of doing my homework. I need to start somewhere, lol.

Edit:
Btw, I did an Amazon search for "Adonit Jot Script" - a bewildering number of Adonit pens popped up.

The other thing to watch...if Adonit "Fine Tip" should be added to search term. As Adonit also has pixil point which has a plastic disk over a ball.

A few others to also look at....and also watch a few youtube reviews so you have a better idea of the stylus

Fine Point Stylus Pen for iPad Apex Rechargeable - Lynktec

Adonit Jot Dash
http://www.adonit.net/jot/dash/

Danobe

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
The other thing to watch...if Adonit "Fine Tip" should be added to search term. As Adonit also has pixil point which has a plastic disk over a ball.

A few others to also look at....and also watch a few youtube reviews so you have a better idea of the stylus

Fine Point Stylus Pen for iPad Apex Rechargeable - Lynktec

Adonit Jot Dash
http://www.adonit.net/jot/dash/

I took a look at the adonit site. Would I benefit to buy one of the pens that is pressure sensitive, or would that not work/be useless on my 950?

SL2

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
The HP phone is meant for enterprise sector...
You can say the same about the Elitebooks, but that didn't stop me from buying one. Only difference with products aimed for the enterprise sector is that they may not be that easy to find in retail stores. I have no doubt the X3 will be easy to find online tho, just like professional servers, etc.

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I took a look at the adonit site. Would I benefit to buy one of the pens that is pressure sensitive, or would that not work/be useless on my 950?

Any feature that works on iPad via bluetooth like palm reject or pressure is not supported in Windows to date.......if a trend grows each company that makes active stylus may add later.

However right now there is no added bonus to extra features.

Danobe

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
Any feature that works on iPad via bluetooth like palm reject or pressure is not supported in Windows to date.......if a trend grows each company that makes active stylus may add later.

However right now there is no added bonus to extra features.

Thanks a bunch! I was waiting for your reply, lol.

Is it something you think Adonit might implement in some foreseeable future? I have my eyes focused on the Adonit Pixel (their BT thingy), but if it's something that might be years ahead, it might make more sense to go for the much cheaper Dash.

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks a bunch! I was waiting for your reply, lol.

Is it something you think Adonit might implement in some foreseeable future? I have my eyes focused on the Adonit Pixel (their BT thingy), but if it's something that might be years ahead, it might make more sense to go for the much cheaper Dash.

In an email from Adonit the only thing they said was they were looking into it. Seeing as Windows 10 shares code, best i could say is maybe, but not for a year or two at best.

Danobe

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
Bummer! That negates some of the good things about a pen. I especially would like palm rejection as I'm a lefty, so I seemingly constantly have to click the right side of things, touching with my hands.

But, anyway, thank you very much for the help with this. It has made me think that in time, it might be possible to get a "proper" pen for my phone.

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
you could be right but I guess people want something that does impress nearly everyone - something that it beyond expectations. The HP phone is meant for enterprise sector so ordinary consumers might not get it. That is one reason people keep looking for the surface phone as that has to be available for all and not just a restricted market

Everything I have seen Daniel post about Surface Phone says it is focused on Enterprise as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss