Windows 10 OS is too risky?

Ayniee

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
So, i am using a Lumia 1020 (this is actually my first time using a windows phone) and its super outdated with Windows 8.1.1 OS and i wanted to have a software update which i assume the windows 10 OS so i searched and ask for some help and then i bumped into these links; (1) Windows Insider (Phone) | Windows Central (2) How to install Windows 10 Preview to your Lumia Windows Phone | Windows Central(3) Yes, you should do a hard reset for the best Windows 10 Mobile experience | Windows Central and now, i am having second thoughts whether i still want to upgrade my OS or not. I badly NEED this phone so i really hope that someone explain to me very thoroughly what i am risking my phone into. Plus, i dont have that money to buy a new one so if anything happens, i dont know what i am going to do. Please help me out.

Last edited:

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
So, i am using a Lumia 1020 (this is actually my first time using a windows phone) and its super outdated with Windows 8.1.1 OS and i wanted to have a software update which i assume the windows 10 OS so i searched and ask for some help and then i bumped into these links; (1) Windows Insider (Phone) | Windows Central (2) How to install Windows 10 Preview to your Lumia Windows Phone | Windows Central(3) Yes, you should do a hard reset for the best Windows 10 Mobile experience | Windows Central and now, i am having second thoughts whether i still want to upgrade my OS or not. I badly NEED this phone so i really hope that someone explain to me very thoroughly what i am risking my phone into. Plus, i dont have that money to buy a new one so if anything happens, i dont know what i am going to do. Please help me out.

It isn't risky at all: simply on old hardware (remember: your 1020 isn't a Win10 eligible phone , search Google for Official Release News) Microsoft cannot guarantee full compatibily.
So you can upgrade via Insider Preview to last official build at your risk

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

There are two things I'd like to point out in your post: that you "wanted" to have a software update and that you "NEED" your phone. I've updated my Lumia 1020 to Windows 10, but the phone just can't cope up with the features - eventually, it slowed down, started to have a lot of crashing apps and features. It was so bad that I'm actually using an iPhone 6s now.

Weigh your need over your want. Your Lumia 1020 is working well as it is in Windows Phone 8.1. Leave it there. I'm not saying that it is risky, though, but your 1020 may perform better with the OS it can fully handle.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

I'm actually suggesting you try the update, at least to the official release that is current at the moment. Very few users at the moment have issues with W10M for their 1020s.,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre