Your current favorite Microsoft product and your favorite of all time

SteveNoza

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
This will go back a ways, and cause some controversy, but:

XP with Service Pack 2 (at the point of time of when it was first released).

Universal Drivers finally fully implemented and working. Printers, NICs finally worked. XP with SP2 gave a first workable implementation of OS consolidation - it could replace the hodgepodge installed base of 95/98 and NT/2000 devices out there.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

A close second is Windows 7. I was one of the people that HATED Vista, and was ready to go Mac because of it. I reluctantly went with Windows 7 when I replaced my Vista desktop, and was pleasantly surprised how well it worked. Now I'm basically all in with Microsoft on all my tech stuff.

macros_1

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Current Favorite... XBox 360 (even though it's basically on life support)
Even with the RROD and scratched disks, the 360 ushered in a new era in gaming. The team that made it was just epic. I still miss J Allard...

All time... Windows 2000
The death knell of Win9x and was a pleasure to use and work with after dealing with NT 3.5x and NT 4.0 for years. (A fully workable Plug and Play system!) All that, with none of the toy look of Windows XP.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Of all time, I'd say it's probably Windows 8. It's fast, consistent, reliable, may be a bit disjointed but it's fine for me.

Currently? I'm probably torn between Outlook.com and Office. Call me weird.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Clearly windows 10 and the surface pro line. The Pro 3 has to be the best ever as it jumped leaps and bounds even thou I find the Pro 4 better.

Kaeron13

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
Current is Xbox One S. 4k UHD = awesome.
I loved Xbox 360 it was a big leap from Xbox original.
Also Band 2. I love it. Have to say I've had 3 units in under 9 months because the batteries keep dying. But when it works I could not imagine having any other watch/tracker. I am gutted the Band 3 in cancelled. ☹
AND I love my Lumia 930.

All time favourite has to be Xbox One S.

Last edited:

Hejnaso

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
I vote for my Lumia 730. Dropped it from the bus by accident and it got run over by dozen of cars on the roundabout, but got resurrected by shiny new screen and grips me still tight :)

Dan Thorp-Lancaster

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Favorite of all time would have to be Zune (R.I.P.). I had both one of the original brown brick-like Zunes and a Zune HD later. I know the iPod was the hip thing to have at the time, but there was just something about that original beast of an MP3 player that felt great to use. The software was pretty rad, and it sounded great.

Current? Xbox One S. I'm super hyped for Scorpio, but since I recently picked up a 4K TV with HDR, the One S has been great. Just two things would make the thing better: UHD content on the Store and more 4K support from video apps (Netflix and Hulu are great and all, but I need more!)

**EDIT** Just wanted to add that the Zune PC software was the bomb, and the Zune Pass was my lifeblood in a period where I was constantly looking for new bands to check out.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Windows 7 is the best. Too bad it was as good on the phones too

IMO Windows 10 on PC (tablet) is total cr..p, (killed my HDD from laptop). It's even more cr..ppier on the phone.
1. Camera app is trash. Even though it's being updated like twice a month, it's always out of focus (photo and video)
1.1. It's a pain to start recording video, no focus. When I do have focus I hit record button 5-10 times before it starts recoding
1.1a. Player starts jerking all over the screen while I play *recorded* videos, then screen gets locked (this also happens when I play videos in Reddit app)

2. Cortana doesnt work or barely knows what I'm talking about
2.1 [It/she] froze my phone while taking notes in OneNote. Did SR

3. WTF is wrong with Copy-Pasting? I sometimes copy text to paste in another app and when I press paste it gives me something I copied few DAYS ago

4. Sometimes even Phone app, probably the lightest (system) app, gives me good ~10sec resuming... screen.. There's more I could talk about but I already went to far off topic

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Fav of all time ? Windows Media Center (Windows 7 or 8.1) A simple program that made a computer into a very powerful DVR that still beats most DVRs for flexibility.

OS ? Himmm... Chances are Windows 95, as it changed everything. After all these years, Microsoft is trying to get every part out of Windows 10, even today, you can see some of the original design aspects of Windows 95 if you look around a little. It's been part of every OS from 95 release.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon