Microsoft' presence at Mobile World Congress in 2017 - What do you think they have at their sleeve

humzahyaz

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Clearly Microsoft has established its intention to remain relevant in Mobile business. With them proclaiming to be doing great things at MWC in 2017 (https://www.msmwcmeetings.com/), what do you think they have up their sleeves. Its also about time WhartonBrooks also reveal what they are up to?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I can picture that it would probably be a partnership, like how they did with the HP phone earlier this year.

dronkula

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I was watching a video on Youtube and they were making a point on how the 'app' gap war is now being superseded by the 'assistant' wars.

Eventually, if Microsoft, Google, Apple and Amazon have their way, you wouldn't need a banking app, or an Uber app, or a shopping app - instead you'll just ask Cortana, Siri, Google Now (or whatever they're calling it) or Alexa to check something, order a cab, buy some apples etc.

So, I would suspect at MWC, Microsoft will mainly be concentrating on Cortana (and possibly Skype chatbot stuff which is similar). If they can also crack voice-recognition Windows Hello, that'll give them a very big event for MWC.

Flavio Taniguchi

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Then we can say that WP10 soon will be officially dead (its dead already...but they dont say that) and with it the never born Hololens. People are trying the Gear VR and it is growing in the market, so, when MS launch the Hololens, they will not have an smartphone to use it and like happened with the Mobile SO, they will enter late in the market with a few chances to get success.
Its a pity, cause I really liked the WP10, but witlhout any support (WP got the second place in Brazil without any support to the country) and no APPs, it got useless.
Unless they make an emulator to use Apple Store and/or Google Play, the MP10 wont work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes