Is Win 10 Cloud going to replace the Continuum mode of W10M?

anon(7929613)

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I think that Win 10 Cloud is going to replace the Continuum mode of W10M. So even if it has limitation of not being able to run the "legacy" desktop apps, it can still be a step forward, considering the limitations of the current continuum mode on W10M. What do you think?

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
No. Windows 10 Cloud is a tablet and budget version of Windows that only runs Store apps. Mobile with Continuum is a way to provide a larger external desktop than a device supports.

anon(7929613)

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
No. Windows 10 Cloud is a tablet and budget version of Windows that only runs Store apps. Mobile with Continuum is a way to provide a larger external desktop than a device supports.
Windows 10 is already free for devices with screen sizes less than 8". The only real application of Windows 10 Cloud seems to be in Windows smartphones. It seems that the days of W10M are numbered!

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Now I'm just tired man, tired of whatever Microsoft is planning, tired of waiting for what is to come, tired of praying for better days...tired of it all.

Awhispersecho

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I believe Windows Cloud will end up being what we now refer to as Windows 10 Mobile and will be used on mid and low end Windows phones for 3rd party OEM's. I believe Windows on ARM will be used on high end Phones (devices) like the Surface Phone and will replace continuum. Windows Cloud is essentially what Windows Mobile is, a closed system that will be offered for people who don't want to spend more than 400 bucks on a phone and don't need a ton of apps. It can also be offered on budget tablets and HTPC's like the Kangaroo. Windows on ARM will be for the high end phone purchaser or business customer as well as for non pro Windows tablets which will run Intel chips. All of this will make continuum as we currently know it, obsolete.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Me thinks there is waaaaaay too much supposition based on innuendo as heard via 3rd party hearsay.

Nobody knows what's going to happen and when it's going to happen. Until then, chill.

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro