Why not give the Lumia 930, 1520 and 830 the Creator Update?

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Is it a hardware thing? I thought the 930 and 1520 have pretty decent hardware?

Thanks,

Mr. https://mspoweruser.com/not-modern-windows-phones-will-get-windows-10-creators-update/

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
We don't know. Sounds like a matter of age and wanting to wash one's hands of those phones sooner than later.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Because they're 3 year old phones and support for them has ended and seized to exist. Sorry for the inconvenience, but remember, on these forms are steps to get the Creator's Update, and any update after.

LightenSkies

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
I wouldn't hack my phone if I had them phones. You risk destroying your phone. :) but if you like taking that risk if money not a thing for you to n have qt it. :)

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't hack my phone if I had them phones. You risk destroying your phone. :) but if you like taking that risk if money not a thing for you to n have qt it. :)

WP8.1 is about to be EOL and there's an even greater app gap there. Bricking or not, they will be fairly useless soon.

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
So it's the hardware on the phone - that's the issue?

Because they're 3 year old phones and support for them has ended and seized to exist. Sorry for the inconvenience, but remember, on these forms are steps to get the Creator's Update, and any update after.

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Hardware isn't an issue at all but the duration of support has expired.

I'm not defending MS here (Because I wish my 1520 can officially get the Creator's Update)
It's business as usual which is sad.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
official support is one thing, letting one decide if they want to install newer software on their own is another thing. As far as I understand it sounds like the phones will be actively blocked. If that isn't the case then great, insiders can keep throwing whatever they want on it right? Call it the unsupported ring if it makes them feel better!

I put windows 10 on my lenovo x200t, works fine and I'm under no illusion that someone needs to support it still.

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
I have a 635 it has 1.2ghz quad core snapdragon 400 512 mb ram and I can install 14393.953 and it was supposedly would not be possible. It is a slug to say the least on that build, the 10396 build, or whatever, it ran pretty decent.

But I thought I remember reading that it would not be possible to install. Now I unbranded it (an AT&T) and it is running the T mobile ROM. Maybe that's it.

I looked at the 930 specs and I would thing it would run fine, but it may need a workaround.

zack251

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
If the reason is because these phones are three years then MS should not be updating Windows 10 PCs as well because my desktop PC is more than four years.

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
During of support for the 930, 1520 and 830? I thought MS supported the OS. If it can run on the hardware (minimum system requirements) - what is the issue?

That is what I am not clear about. Basically I am reading MS want to kill of the 930, 1520 and 830 - none of which are made anymore, but still meet the minimum system requirements.

!520 - awesome phone - I was really hoping there would be a v2 of it!

Hardware isn't an issue at all but the duration of support has expired.

I'm not defending MS here (Because I wish my 1520 can officially get the Creator's Update)
It's business as usual which is sad.

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
official support is one thing, letting one decide if they want to install newer software on their own is another thing. As far as I understand it sounds like the phones will be actively blocked. If that isn't the case then great, insiders can keep throwing whatever they want on it right? Call it the unsupported ring if it makes them feel better!

I put windows 10 on my lenovo x200t, works fine and I'm under no illusion that someone needs to support it still.
I agree with you! I've got Windows 10 running on my old Dell Vostro 1500 - it's 10 years old! It runs fine. I'm not sure when my Dell support ended...the unit came with Windows XP....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12