The Microsoft May 2 spring hardware event

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft is holding a spring hardware event on May 2nd (just around the corner!).

What do you think we'll see? From reading the front page I take it we'll hear a lot more about Windows 10 and the cloud, but sadly the Surface Pro 5 and Surface Book 2 may not get any attention. Same for Surface Studio and Surface Phone.

But we MAY hear about a new non-pro Surface device. That's cool. What are you excited about? What do you want to see?

Last edited by a moderator:

DivineStrike00X

Apr 17, 2017
Visit site
I just want to see Panos Panay give one of his really intense presentations, I love that guy. I swear he does a handful of coke before unveiling a new Surface device.

sporosarcina

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I think this is going to a new "low-spec" device, but not in the Surface family. I'm guessing it will be a distinct Educational line using a low-power processor from Intel, restricted to W10 Cloud. I think the next Surface Non-Pro (Surface 4) will be an ARM powered device running Windows 10 on ARM (with full win32 emulation). I'm guessing this from the leaked Surface design patent with a USB-C port. That would fit perfectly for an ARM speced Surface device and not upset the backward compatibility of Surface Pro docks. Heck they could even revive their Display Dock as a dock for the Surface 4.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234