Don't install our buggy Windows 10 Creators Update, begs Microsoft

davidhk129

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
I am posting it here instead of Windows 10 forum because I am not sure of the website's trustworthiness.

Source :
https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/04/26/stop_downloading_win10_creators_update/
26 Apr 2017 at 19:02, Iain Thomson

excerpt :

Microsoft has urged non-tech-savvy people – or anyone who just wants a stable computer – to not download and install this year's biggest revision to Windows by hand. And that's because it may well bork your machine.

It's been two weeks since Microsoft made its Creators Update available, and we were previously warned it will be a trickle-out rather than a massive rollout. Now, Redmond has urged users to stop manually fetching and installing the code, and instead wait for it to be automatically offered to your computer when it's ready.

The problem is that some systems – particularly older ones – may not be able to handle the Creators Update, Microsoft said.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
All I know is Creators dinged my long running desktop to a point where I found it difficult to recover.
Extremely irritating to have this happen.
Someday soon I will calm down and attempt to recover my destroyed system.

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
Don't see why installing an update would be a problem. I installed it on two machines so far, no issues at all. The creators update for mobile significantly improved my 950's performance on Antutu benchmarks.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
What a confused article. Why would people who have no idea what they are doing, manually update their operating system?

And why would it be a problem if the Bluetooth radios don't work on some older desktop systems (which is the actual bug this Chinese whisper refers to), if you can just roll back?

Talk about a storm in a teacup. And extremely poorly informed reporting. They have just copied someone elses article, who copied someone elses article and in the mean time they have lost facts\ - if they are even facts

The specific bug is an outdated type of Bluetooth radio, supposedly. No one who looses their outdated Bluetooth functionality is going to have some kind of total system meltdown or loss of data.

Creators update, is pretty great. And its running on my super ancient dell OptiPlex device with weird proprietary hardware just fine.

Last of all, no one has actually linked to an official MS source stating any of this. AFAIK it could be total BS. And if no one can link to an authorative source, it most likely is...

ira0523

Jan 20, 2017
Visit site
Idk what this is all about but I've been using the Creators Update in my old custom PC and it rocks. No problems so far, given that my PC components are old. Q6600, HD4850, 4x2GB 8GB DDR2, all on the trusty Asus P5E. Gaming is still great as well

pedmar007

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Don't know what systems some of you are running but whenever I've updated my PC I've never had any issues/bugs. NEVER!!Makes one wonder what some of you are doing to your PCs.

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
I figured out laggy Start Menu, Laggy images folder(even folder contains 4 images) & DRAIN my laptop battery @ 5Gspeed. Because of worse battery backup, my laptop needs to charge twice in 8 hrs.

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
All I know is Creators dinged my long running desktop to a point where I found it difficult to recover.
Extremely irritating to have this happen.
Someday soon I will calm down and attempt to recover my destroyed system.

That's exactly why I haven't bothered to update any of my PCs, been there and done that multiple times in the past and rather not do it again for awhile, if that is an option. W10 hasn't been a bill of health for my systems I must say.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon