Description of Surface Mobile leaked by MS china social account

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
All very exciting, but will is work as it should (unlike W10M) and will it be affordable? Without those 2 things it's just a dream.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

anon(10237065)

May 12, 2017
Visit site
I get a bit jealous when I see apps like FB load quickly (and on the first time), perform properly, and be feature current

That is weird, FB is the only apps that I've been struggling with on regular basis! FB and Messenger. They have soo many features that the apps are not so stable anymore. And if you have an older phone, FB can kill it. My friend has a 3 years old phone and FB is the only app he is really struggling badly with.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
That is weird, FB is the only apps that I've been struggling with on regular basis! FB and Messenger. They have soo many features that the apps are not so stable anymore. And if you have an older phone, FB can kill it. My friend has a 3 years old phone and FB is the only app he is really struggling badly with.

FB and messenger is the only thing that lags, or doesn't work properly on my win10m phone. Everything else is just right. Its the apps, they are terrible.

I run a web wrapper called slimsocial. Much faster.

I do think FB in general, on all OSes is bloated. They have an app platform, a social network, a video chat, a browser, a bot system.

I get the notion of a "super app", but those other components should be optional, just like apps outside facebook are. If you don't run FB apps, you shouldn't have to run the app environment. If you don't want the browser or video chat, you shouldn't have to.

IMO, that's a lot of the problem. The "features".

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
@milkyway Are these tech reporters not human? No one is infallible. You will never convince me that any press, no matter what area they report on, is 100% correct 100% of the time. Ain't gonna happen.

Glad you have confidence in the source, but I'll not blindly accept the statement "If Thurrott reports it, then it is most certainly true..." And you can substitute any name in there you want: I'll not agree.

anon(10237065)

May 12, 2017
Visit site
FB and messenger is the only thing that lags, or doesn't work properly on my win10m phone. Everything else is just right. Its the apps, they are terrible.

I run a web wrapper called slimsocial. Much faster.

I do think FB in general, on all OSes is bloated. They have an app platform, a social network, a video chat, a browser, a bot system.

I get the notion of a "super app", but those other components should be optional, just like apps outside facebook are. If you don't run FB apps, you shouldn't have to run the app environment. If you don't want the browser or video chat, you shouldn't have to.

IMO, that's a lot of the problem. The "features".

Sorry I forgot to mention there that I'm using Android but yeah, the behaviour is exactly the same, I agree. FB is definitely having issues on that. By the way, they are also supposed to be releasing Facebook Lite I think it's called? It was only for India at first, but should be available worldwide now. Unfortunately that's mostly for Android.

Anyway the lite version has only the basic features... and apparently it works well!

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Sorry I forgot to mention there that I'm using Android but yeah, the behaviour is exactly the same, I agree. FB is definitely having issues on that. By the way, they are also supposed to be releasing Facebook Lite I think it's called? It was only for India at first, but should be available worldwide now. Unfortunately that's mostly for Android.

Anyway the lite version has only the basic features... and apparently it works well!

Yeah I used to use FB lite. Its better. slimsocial is basically a third party version of the same thing on win10m.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Yes, I do think you would not report it with this clear statement if it wasn't true. Surely, MS could always change their plans along the way though

But the so called insiders called it a "branch", not a reboot. He's actually contradicting his sources if you read the article and consider the language "branch".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire