Why i should buy a new windows phone?

Donkor FRITZ

Jun 7, 2017
Visit site
I love Windows and wish to buy a Windows phone but rumors I have heard tells me Microsoft is ending support for some phones.
Anyone with an idea of which Windows phone I should get
(Mid range device)

Xee159

Jun 7, 2017
Visit site
I love Windows and wish to buy a Windows phone but rumors I have heard tells me Microsoft is ending support for some phones.
Anyone with an idea of which Windows phone I should get
(Mid range device)

Windows phone are best phones i think. Because they give u a different experience in phone.its stylish,different like iphone. Happy to know that windows is coming back in the market with its cshell for phone which will revolutionize the era of smartphones.

subha220

Jun 6, 2017
Visit site
Windows is great. Application is less but that's good to use. You will get latest software to operate and most importantly you will use same software as your PC has.

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
I find it hard to come up with compelling reasons to purchase a Windows Phone at this point and time. Going by what I'm seeing on this site (WC) as of of late, any substantiated "good" news has dwindled considerably. But then, if you don't mind living with uncertainty or on the edge, by all means go for it. Just don't expect miracle and know what you are getting into.

Every time I fire up one of my WPs it don't take very long to see its shortcomings, pretty much can do the basics but beyond that, we're left out in the cold. Out of all the phones I have ever owned WM has been the most problematic bar none, 10 has gotten better yet many little things still crop up that diminishes my experience. Apps that act unpredictably, loading, resuming and generally, the overall lack of fluidity with the OS.

Then there's the instances (for me) when a browser cannot take up the slack if an app is unavailable. Experienced this on multiple occasions and becomes very frustrating seeing "sorry, your browser/OS is unsupported". To-date we have found no solution/alternatives to getting around this, plain and simply we're left without and no recourse to resolve. Can't think of another device of late that has ever left me in the lurch like that, and these sites I'm trying to access are not fly-by-night ones being very well established.

If you were to buy a WP my reluctant recommendation would be the 950/950 XL.

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Existing phones (probably, but who knows really) won't get the "next iteration of W10M". But does that change that much if you like W10M as it is right now? Even if the support for Lumia 950/x3/IDOL 4S will stop with the next update to W10M, you still have the OS and will still get all the app updates

Rishik Luckun

Apr 10, 2017
Visit site
I like my Windows phone because ird different. I don't like how everyone u ever come across is running ios or Android because I don't see the differences. Unlocking either an apple or Android and both home screen will look the same... Windows phone offers us that unique customisable tile screen. Also just the way these phones look and feel. Fair enough windows isn't as evolved as other OS it still worth looking into. Rumors and news of new windows devices have been going around and I guess we will have to wait and see

Punitk

Jun 6, 2017
Visit site
But i don't like windows phone because of its functionality and too complicated to operate, brother you should buy Android or iPhone for your use i am using android phone from last 3 years and till now i have no problem at all..

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Then there's the instances (for me) when a browser cannot take up the slack if an app is unavailable.
I think I've stated many times on this site that Microsoft should've kept IE11 as an option like they do on PCs. There are a bevy of sites that don't function on Edge but were "workarounds" on WP8/8.1. Edge has improved, but it's still the weak link on Mobile.

docsp1

May 27, 2016
Visit site
I think I've stated many times on this site that Microsoft should've kept IE11 as an option like they do on PCs. There are a bevy of sites that don't function on Edge but were "workarounds" on WP8/8.1. Edge has improved, but it's still the weak link on Mobile.
Use the coc coc or Monument browser or Opera (via opera.com) if you need Adblock and data sparing.

chenryhen

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
If my 650 craps out now, I still plan on seeing if I can get a 950 for cheap. It really does look like W10 on ARM (WARM?) is going to usher in a new age of pocket PCs that work as phones, and I'll try to hold out until then. I just don't find Android that compelling.

docsp1

May 27, 2016
Visit site
Edge can not turn Javascript off and can not remove Ads.
Opera Mini (Download via opera.com) can remove ads (but sometimes fills ads in) and has Data Compression - Coc coc and Monument can turn Java Script off for speed and Security.
Edge i use only if i need Javascript.

Last edited:

frederick1984

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Still can't find a replacement for my Lumia925, but a one reason is good enough for me. I don't like Android. So i won't switch unless Windows stops support of Whatsapp

MrockNroll

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Thanks fatclue_98, I like Opera and have never tried Monument browser. I haven't had any problems soo far with using Edge browser on my 950XL yet but I will keep those in mind.

sloth1513

Jun 13, 2017
Visit site
I was still using my Lumia 920 up to 6 months ago when it died on me! I wanted to upgrade to the 950xl but this was not available in New Zealand and with rumors that a Surface Phone may appear I decided to hold out on an upgrade and use my father in laws hand-me-down Galaxy S5. I really miss my 920! Anyone that tells you Windows phone is complicated to use obviously has not used one. There are a few apps that I will really miss when I do go back to Windows Phone, such as 3 bank apps I use daily, but I am hoping that with universal apps that it may not be a problem! My main issue now is, this crappy S5 is also on its last legs, what do I move to?

To answer the question of his thread, I would go with the 950xl if it is in your market place. The price has dropped and the support should still be there for a while!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett