Am i only person that thinks Nadella should go?

Flaviu

Oct 15, 2017
Visit site
It's a shame that we're "left to die"...us, the most entuziastics fans on mobile platform. Every day i bring arguments against ios and Android users why I just love my windows 10 os and why my 950 definetly beats their phones in many cases. And besides our "fan thing" diversity is a good thing....3 mobile platform in the entire world seemed like a little number. Now only two remained. I will stick to this phone until the very end. At the moment i can't think for something better. And to answer the question: I don't think Mandela should quit but it's literally necesarry to take actions regarding the mobile platform.

Sam Ingram

Feb 20, 2017
Visit site
It's just amazing that Many W10M users are forced to migrate to another platform , am I the only person that thinks Nadella should've put more effort into mobile and uwp? How can your OS be relevant without a mobile platform, the numbers are growing daily about mobile usage , it's how world is connected and how it will be for quite sometime.

I don't think windows mobile is dead. Microsoft is rebranding it for "pocket pc". I think we will see a surface device (phone) that runs full windows 10.

Sam Ingram

Feb 20, 2017
Visit site
I don't think windows mobile is dead. I believe Microsoft is rebranding it for "pocket PC". I think we will see a surface device that runs a version of windows 10 pc. If it's done well, Microsoft's manufacturing partners may follow suit.

Lych

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
It's just amazing that Many W10M users are forced to migrate to another platform , am I the only person that thinks Nadella should've put more effort into mobile and uwp? How can your OS be relevant without a mobile platform, the numbers are growing daily about mobile usage , it's how world is connected and how it will be for quite sometime.

Definitely not the only person. I've been saying this for months now as well. He is good with cloud and it pretty much stops there. Let him do the cloud thing if he wants but we NEED a more consumer-facing CEO. At this point it's so obvious it hurts.
And by consumer-facing I don't mean "someone who can talk to enterprise". Sure, B2B is nice and is a cash-cow, but they need someone who gets the everyday consumer that's gonna rely on their products and services for their everyday lives.

Lych

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Am I the only person who thinks Microsoft and Nadella couldn't care less about what any of us think?

Nadella probably doesn't. Shareholders may if we cause enough of a ruckus. But you do have a point: however vocal we might be, MS can afford not to care.

ClassicalMood

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
I don't care much what they plan but I hate the ways they have dodged answering firmly and officially thay they kill Windows Mobile. Playing that game Microsoft wastes people time and effort. Talking about the lack of apps, I also do not care much about unnecessary apps but I am really disappointed to see that their own apps - Microsoft apps - do not work OR are not updated compared to the same apps for Android and iPhone. In other words, Microsoft is not a honest and trustworthy company to gain customer loyalty.

Fung Kam

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
"Making money now, but they don't have a consumer platform to call home anymore." <-- This is what I think too. It is a short-sighted decision to dump consumer product.

SEGA was much more famous / popular when they still made their console.

Dillan K

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
A quick answer: heck no! As a shareholder, I think that he's doing very well. If they're not succeeding, they should either revise the strategy, or move on. That's exactly what Mr. Nadella has been doing. It was obvious that Windows mobile wasn't going to succeed. He made the tough decision. It was the right decision.

DontBeEvil10

May 31, 2017
Visit site
it's just amazing that many w10m users are forced to migrate to another platform , am i the only person that thinks nadella should've put more effort into mobile and uwp? How can your os be relevant without a mobile platform, the numbers are growing daily about mobile usage , it's how world is connected and how it will be for quite sometime.

asap

Savas_P

Nov 21, 2017
Visit site
Not sure why people are impressed Microsoft shares have increased, most companies like Samsung, Apple and Amazon have gone up three to five times more.

naddy6969

Aug 8, 2017
Visit site
Yes, you are the only person. Microsoft is doing fine. That they killed your pet phone is of no consequence. Microsoft lost billions of dollars on phones that did not sell. Do you want them to lose billions more?

Wake up. The CEOs job is to make money for shareholders. Period. His job has nothing to do with pleasing a few thousand consumer “loyal customers”, who think that because they spent $3,000 on phones/bands/zunes over 10 years means they are important. He has to focus on businesses that spend millions of dollars over 10 years. THAT is what is important to a CEO.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I think Nadella will surprise us all. I find it very hard to believe that MS don't have something up their sleeve for the mobile space. I read somewhere that Nadella uses a 950XL as his own phone. I wonder if that is still true?

faisalbaba

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I think Nadella will surprise us all. I find it very hard to believe that MS don't have something up their sleeve for the mobile space. I read somewhere that Nadella uses a 950XL as his own phone. I wonder if that is still true?
Where you read, he uses 950xl

Sent from (iOK)

zr2s10

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes, you are the only person. Microsoft is doing fine. That they killed your pet phone is of no consequence. Microsoft lost billions of dollars on phones that did not sell. Do you want them to lose billions more?

Wake up. The CEOs job is to make money for shareholders. Period. His job has nothing to do with pleasing a few thousand consumer “loyal customers”, who think that because they spent $3,000 on phones/bands/zunes over 10 years means they are important. He has to focus on businesses that spend millions of dollars over 10 years. THAT is what is important to a CEO.
Maybe you didn't read the dozens of responses before yours? No, He's not the only one. MS stock is flying high right now, but guess what: All the "loyal customers" that are ticked off over their failures, have moved onto other ecosystems. And "consumers" vs. "industry"? Guess who runs industry? Consumers. And if your IT head uses Android or Apple mobile devices, guess what he's going to do when (not if) they offer a better alternative to MS back-end products? MS has a stranglehold on a lot of things for enterprise customers.... now. But when Google and Apple advance their offerings in these areas, MS will get dumped like the consumers they crapped on now. Wake up.

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Maybe - but nothing lasts forever. Microsoft is adapting and moving.

Office? Cloud subscription and runs on Windows, Android, Iphone, Macintosh, Linux, and now Chromebooks.

They are doing what IBM couldn't or wouldn't do to adapt. Remember System 360 and then System 390? Probably not. I've been in IT since the early 90s and only wrote one mainframe JCL script to run from a .NET web app to access an IMS database. IBM had a better desktop OS (OS/2) but didn't capitalize and let Microsoft steal the show with the largely compatible but slower NT 3.51

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Maybe you didn't read the dozens of responses before yours? No, He's not the only one. MS stock is flying high right now, but guess what: All the "loyal customers" that are ticked off over their failures, have moved onto other ecosystems. And "consumers" vs. "industry"? Guess who runs industry? Consumers. And if your IT head uses Android or Apple mobile devices, guess what he's going to do when (not if) they offer a better alternative to MS back-end products? MS has a stranglehold on a lot of things for enterprise customers.... now. But when Google and Apple advance their offerings in these areas, MS will get dumped like the consumers they crapped on now. Wake up.

I don’t proclaim to be an expert but aren’t they mainly a software company? Haven’t they moved their software to the leading mobile OS’s? They don’t need to make hardware for a tiny minority of people to be successful.

That doesn’t mean they aren’t working on some future “mobile” device. They could be, but presently, they are focusing on other things.

My 2 cents.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb