So no Surface Phone yet, make your own...why do I get that old HTC HD2 hack feeling?

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
It just hit me.....Microsoft dropped mainstream support for Windows 8.1 so that covers RT, which makes it almost abandoned...sort of. So there would be far fewer issues with the law over Windows 10 on Arm. Just thinking out loud here :)

justjun555

Dec 29, 2017
Visit site
RT? We're way past that buddy! And Windows 10 has a long way to go before it's any good on a <6" screen.

Microsoft is not fool that they will put full Windows 10 as it is on phones.
Just like tablet mode on Windows 10
With cshell they will make suitable changes in ui/ux and navigation similar to other mobile os.

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
They're not?

Just so your aware......a Surface Phone what ever it is, when it is released, will more than likely be small form factor Tablet that is folding. Maybe into a phone size.....only Microsoft knows. It will be a Windows 10 on Arm device ....guess.....

What is being talked about are hackers who are loading Windows 8.1 and 10 on arm onto older Nokia and Microsoft Phones.

So much like the old HTC HD2 this is not being done by Microsoft........

So again I have no idea what competition you refer too......

My guess is your an Android or iPhone fan just looking to bash things. Maybe iMore or Android Central should be your forum.

Some here are enjoying watching a hack start to form, and may have an interest in seeing where it goes.

However I don't think many here are "past" Windows 8.1 or Windows 10.

So do you have anything to say that is not a bash on Windows????

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Ahhhh no worry, just had me confuzzed :)

My brain is rather side tracked about this, seeing as this may be the 3rd hack of this nature I get to watch from the start.

The Casio BE 300 ( Windows CE ) a PDA that had it's top menu replaced with the Shell and explorer from another CE device. That went on to run Pocket PC apps as it could flip between CE Desktop and Pocket PC UI. Once Windows Media Player got hacked onto it Casio killed it, as they had the much more expensive Casio E125 to sell.

The HTC HD2 was fun to watch Microsoft get caught out, saying new hardware was needed for Windows Phone 7 so Windows Mobile 6.5.3 was the second place prize......oops then Windows Phone 7 and then Android popped on the screens of HD2 users :)

If I have any advice at all, is wait until someone Official states a Stable ROM is available. Don't muck about with Rom flipping until the word Stable is attached. Avoid the Brick !!!!!

ahahaha I remember you from the days of the casio be-300 days and pocket pc forums! good to see your still kicking around!

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Where's your sense of adventure? ������

Ha, those days are over for me! I used to be big into flashing, modding, and experimenting. Now, I just like to have something that works and gets stuff done. No muss, no fuss!

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
ahahaha I remember you from the days of the casio be-300 days and pocket pc forums! good to see your still kicking around!

Around and still loving Windows. Also love to see a good hack happen step by step :) Do you still have your BE 300?? I don't imagine many left now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium