What is the Windows Central app name going to change to?

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Since Microsoft is starting to remove any app from the store with the word "Windows" in it, what do you think Windows Central is going to change to?

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Doubtful they'll make them change it, but anticipating the article explaining how it's all part of the "vision"....

Sent from mTalk

Old_Mil

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
A Window implies vision...something large that you can see through clearly. Since the current leadership of Microsoft has none, peephole central or wall central may be a better option...

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
A Window implies vision...something large that you can see through clearly. Since the current leadership of Microsoft has none, peephole central or wall central may be a better option...

With you on the "lack of vision" part. Dunno if it is just me or I am the one only being inflicted, but just about anything I touch that relates to Microsoft ends up being a pain or even worse, a nightmare. So maybe it'll be renamed to "Windows Central - In Pieces".

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
When did Microsoft start removing everything with "Windows" in the title? Most likely they will just remove the 'Phone' section of the app and on website.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Honestly, don't care. This has to be one of the worst apps ever written. To be honest, the only reason I'm using it on my surface right now is the Windows Store doesn't have a forum reader.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Since Microsoft is starting to remove any app from the store with the word "Windows" in it...

Are they? Do you have a citation for this?

I mean, just browse this page: https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...%2Fsearch%2Fapps%3Fq%3Dwindows&token=-Ov0ZEDf

These are some of the huge amount of app titles that have "Windows" in them:
Windows Maps
Windows Camera
Windows Calculator
Windows Voice Recorder
Windows Alarms & Clock
Windows Insider
Windows Scan
System Essentials for Windows 10
TV for Windows
Quran Windows
SoundCloud for Windows
(heck, there is even one called) Switch to Windows Phone (lol)
WeChat for Windows
VLC for Windows Phone
Windows Central
Total PC Cleaner: Free Disk Space Clean Up, Optimize Memory & Windows System
Yota - Mobile Operator for Windows
Windows Central (old version)
Windows Help + Tips
Bible App for Windows Phone...

I could go on and on. Those are just the ones in the first 30 apps of 2000 results when you search the store for "Windows."

So @dgr_874 what do you actually mean by
Microsoft is starting to remove any app from the store with the word "Windows" in it
???

What are you basing this on?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3