Do your want Nadella to be removed from Microsoft?

anon(10409867)

Feb 8, 2018
Visit site
Pray tell, where should they look? This looks pretty good to me, but what do I know right? You appear to have a shinier crystal ball.

Microsoft market value could top $1 trillion in next year, analysts say

Well, people looking for long term investments look way beyond next year!
Have a look what happened to "Windows 10 on ARM". His each and every initiative end up in the same way - failure. That's Nadella. A CEO without any vision.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-...ualcomms-poor-performing-always-connected-pcs

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Well, people looking for long term investments look way beyond next year!
Look what happened to "Windows 10 on ARM". His each and every initiative end up in the same way - failure. That's Nadella. A CEO without any vision.

You might think he’s myopic but shareholders swear by his 20/20.

anon(10409867)

Feb 8, 2018
Visit site
You might think he’s myopic but shareholders swear by his 20/20.

When Steve Jobs was fired from Apple, the main reason was shareholders. What Jobs was making failed to earn revenue for Apple. Apple then tried to patronise shareholders, fired Jobs, focussed on Apple II and thought they can sustain their short term growth. But they failed miserably.

I think Microsoft currently is moving along the same lines. The more I look at Nadella, the more he reminds me of John Sculley.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
When Steve Jobs was fired from Apple, the main reason was shareholders. What Jobs was making failed to earn revenue for Apple. Apple then tried to patronise shareholders, fired Jobs, focussed on Apple II and thought they can sustain their short term growth. But they failed miserably.

I think Microsoft currently is moving along the same lines. The more I look at Nadella, the more he reminds me of John Sculley.

Shareholders could give a rat's a** about revisionist history. Their mantra comes courtesy of Janet Jackson - What have you done for me lately?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5IGJDE41Vk

naddy6969

Aug 8, 2017
Visit site
CEOs do not get "removed" when the stock is going up year after year.

Short term growth is a few quarters. We are now going on 5 years of growth. At some point, continued short term growth becomes long term growth.

I agree with others who said, this is all about "I loved Windows Phone but it was killed. I'm not happy with Microsoft right now."

You need to get over your obsession with Windows phones. Continuing to lose billions on Windows phones would have been grounds to remove him. As a purely BUSINESS decision, killing WP was the right move.

Whatever you (or the other 127 remaining WP users) think is irrelevant.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Short term growth is a few quarters. We are now going on 5 years of growth. At some point, continued short term growth becomes long term growth.

I agree with others who said, this is all about "I loved Windows Phone but it was killed. I'm not happy with Microsoft right now."

You need to get over your obsession with Windows phones. Continuing to lose billions on Windows phones would have been grounds to remove him. As a purely BUSINESS decision, killing WP was the right move.

You’re 100% correct. Oh, and I’m one of the 127. But I’m also a former webOS and BlackBerry 10 user so this is old hat for me. Still sucks though.

anon(10409867)

Feb 8, 2018
Visit site
This is about "Whatever he has done after becoming CEO MINUS Windows Phone"!

He never sticks to his own ideas, keeps on experimenting on sub par things and then pulls the plug off when it eventually fails. He is a CEO without any vision.

Infact the only successful product he is associated with is Surface which was actually initiated & developed by Ballmer.

Most of the good things Windows 10 has today was planned before he became CEO.

His way of working resembles that of John Sculley whose only goal in life was to be practical and make shareholders happy. He did last for a long time, 14 years but see how it ended.

Last edited:

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
This is about "Whatever he has done after becoming CEO MINUS Windows Phone"!

He never sticks to his own ideas, keeps on experimenting on sub par things and then pulls the plug off when it eventually fails. He is a CEO without any vision.

Infact the only successful product he is associated with is Surface which was actually initiated & developed by Ballmer.

Most of the good things Windows 10 has today was planned before he became CEO.

His way of working resembles that of John Sculley whose only goal in life was to be practical and make shareholders happy. He did last for a long time, 14 years but see how it ended.

So the answer is to remove him from the Windows Phone department and leave him as CEO of every other division since he’s making Microsoft more money than Ft. Knox?

Snarkiness aside, even Giancarlo Stanton has trouble with the curveball. But you’d be crazy to pull him out of the lineup.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb