Why is it going to take 2 weeks to fix the Spring Creators update?

ennogs

Apr 11, 2018
Visit site
As you probably know the Spring Creators update rollout has been delayed due to a serious bug that has been found.

I believe the Windows Insiders who have installed the Spring Creators update have already been given a patch to fix the bug.

I know that patch now has to be tested. Bearing in mind the patch to fix the bug has been done why is it going to take 2 weeks before the Spring Creators update gets rolled out? Surely it doesn't take 2 weeks to test a patch?

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
As you probably know the Spring Creators update rollout has been delayed due to a serious bug that has been found.

I believe the Windows Insiders who have installed the Spring Creators update have already been given a patch to fix the bug.

I know that patch now has to be tested. Bearing in mind the patch to fix the bug has been done why is it going to take 2 weeks before the Spring Creators update gets rolled out? Surely it doesn't take 2 weeks to test a patch?

Clearly you've never done any form of software development, first you have to find the cause of the problem, then you patch whatever is causing the problem in the first place and then you test the new build to make sure it works. In this case testing means rolling out to ALL Insiders to test BEFORE deciding if it qualifies as an RTM build. Not only that but Microsoft have to test it internally to make sure that the fix doesn't break other parts of the OS.

Insiders don't have access to the 17134 build yet so when we do then we will have the opportunity to provide feedback on it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster