Andromeda ideas... Not a question, rather a suggestion..

rodneyej

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
We (WC) should conduct two polls.
1. Is it necessary for Andromeda to have traditional native telephony in order for you to buy one?
2. Is it necessary for Andromeda to have a state of the art camera in order for you to buy one?

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
1 Yes. I don't want to carry two devices. Just one.

2 No, just a good camera. Lot of camera stuff these days is extremely excessive for taking a sunset picture, or a selfie.

It seems that given performance has basically peaked out (yeah, you need 8gb for an android phone, lol), phone manufacturers are increasingly using pointless gimmicks. AR games (lets just give you 1,000 dollar smartphone to your kids), gaming phones (really, like there are many decent high end games on smartphone platforms? nope), special camera doddlebots. I've never been sold on stuff like that.

If you are a genuine photographer, you get an actual camera with a proper optical zoom. I guess kids or pets in action shots is about the only reason I could come up with for a second camera with optical zoom. But myself, nope, not fussed.

The 950 I am using ATM, takes great pictures. I don't really need anything better than that, maybe faster focus/picture processing, but that's about all I'd change.

Last edited:

BajanSaint69

Jun 30, 2017
Visit site
I am actually a genuine photographer (full time professional) my walkabout camera is my 950xl. Like you I don't want to walk with 2 devices but I want to have a decent enough camera in my phone that if I see something when I'm not working, I can grab a half decent image.

Also if you are liming with your friends (hanging out) and you pull out a camera the conversation stops and people freeze up. No one pays attention to a cell phone camera.

robert beadles

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
1. Yes, but it would also have to have blue tooth. for the most part I use blue tooth 90% for calls
2. Yes, as good as my 950 today would work for me.

DRDiver

Mar 19, 2018
Visit site
1. If Microsoft is going to maintain this "always connected" mantra, then of course whatever this Andromeda device is will need at least LTE capability, even if it's not full-on telephony.

2. A basic camera will work since this is a niche product, NOT a smartphone.

And there's no universe where I would want to buy a device like this. It makes zero sense to me. My smartphone is more than capable, has an awesome camera (which is a MUST for me) and is infinitely more easy to carry in almost all situations. I have my Surface Pro if I need more productivity in a form factor that makes much more sense when a phone is simply too small/underpowered.

GeorgeOnArm

May 20, 2017
Visit site
1) yes
2) high quality image is head turner! With Full W10, min full HD, image editing for immediate post and share is important

Most important!!!!!! ACPC allows smartphone like instant wakeup and take the timeless pictures with best camera, I can imagine all bloggers want this

DjeTe

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I'd say no to telephony. Nice of course, but I think it will enhance the product with it
And yes to camera. If this is for pen input, note taking etc a high performance camera is needed.

jrealtor1

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
1 Yes
2 Yes
If these two features are not present then why would I buy it. I would just buy another product that does. Honestly, I am not sure why this is even a question.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos