Andromeda Cancelled?!? Nooooo!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

I don't speak Italian but it's a Romance language so my Spanish helps. I believe this to be in reference to the WoA devices planned for this fall and not so much an Andromeda device per se. Call it a testbed if you will for telephony on a non-phone contraption. It could go a long way to gauge consumer interest in a "mobile" device that makes phone calls and SMS while being a full-fledged PC.

KJW23

Sep 6, 2017
Visit site
I don't speak Italian but it's a Romance language so my Spanish helps. I believe this to be in reference to the WoA devices planned for this fall and not so much an Andromeda device per se. Call it a testbed if you will for telephony on a non-phone contraption. It could go a long way to gauge consumer interest in a "mobile" device that makes phone calls and SMS while being a full-fledged PC.

yes i know but That simply what I think it's gonna happe this October.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

I do not know about you, but I hate to have to go grab my phone no matter if it is close by or far away every time I get a voicemail or phone call while working from my PC. I do not see why an average consumer would not want to at least have this option there. Especially for corporate or large businesses. The more options the better I always say...If you do not actually need it or could live without, sure no sweat just don't use it.

I agree. Andromeda will most likely come after this feature has been in the testing waters with RS5 for a bit.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I do not know about you, but I hate to have to go grab my phone no matter if it is close by or far away every time I get a voicemail or phone call while working from my PC. I do not see why an average consumer would not want to at least have this option there. Especially for corporate or large businesses. The more options the better I always say...If you do not actually need it or could live without, sure no sweat just don't use it.

I agree. Andromeda will most likely come after this feature has been in the testing waters with RS5 for a bit.

If you have T-Mobile why don't you get a Digits line? You download the PC app which includes a dialer and that's it, your PC is now your phone.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I had no idea this was possible! I'm assuming this works over wifi or an always connected PC on LTE.
LTE. If you don't have it, dongle life baby. The SIM is a mirror of your phone number so both devices get phone calls and texts simultaneously. When one or the other is not being used you disable it or what I do is keep it muted so the logs are always synced.

Old_Mil

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
This is just the first step to the end of Microsoft as a player in the hardware/device space. The list of major corporate icons that slouched towards irrelevancy and extinction because of a shortsighted focus on the status quo is long.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
This is just the first step to the end of Microsoft as a player in the hardware/device space. The list of major corporate icons that slouched towards irrelevancy and extinction because of a shortsighted focus on the status quo is long.

You’re right. They’re certainly not the first and won’t be the last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb