08-04-2019 12:11 AM
90 1234
tools
    Do you know how Bad androids right now.
    Yes, I do. But I still prefer it to iOS, despite how bad it is. It doesn't matter if MS create the most stunningly beautiful phone with cutting-edge hardware. If the software it runs doesn't allow people to run their existing Android or iOS apps that they are used to, it will fail.
    Lobo Technician likes this.
    11-29-2018 07:14 AM
    I'm guessing MS is banking on releasing their device once the market evolves beyond apps, only then will they have chance
    mtf1380 likes this.
    11-29-2018 02:54 PM
    I'm guessing MS is banking on releasing their device once the market evolves beyond apps, only then will they have chance
    I agree...I'd say late 2019 availability (coinciding with W10M no longer 'officially' receiving support).
    11-30-2018 07:22 AM
    I agree...I'd say late 2019 availability (coinciding with W10M no longer 'officially' receiving support).
    But knowing MS, they will still be too late to market, or never market it at all.
    11-30-2018 05:15 PM
    But knowing MS, they will still be too late to market, or never market it at all.
    I don't know...I think they are going to hit it out of the park:)
    aximtreo likes this.
    11-30-2018 05:44 PM
    I don't know...I think they are going to hit it out of the park:)
    I actually really want to believe that.

I do have hope (buried deep, deep down). But after being burnt by MS with Windows Phone 8, Windows 10 Mobile, Groove, MS Band and so on, they will need to really prove they've changed to win me (and most likely others too) back to their side.
    aximtreo likes this.
    12-02-2018 02:46 AM
    I actually really want to believe that.

I do have hope (buried deep, deep down). But after being burnt by MS with Windows Phone 8, Windows 10 Mobile, Groove, MS Band and so on, they will need to really prove they've changed to win me (and most likely others too) back to their side.
    I can understand your frustration (been there myself), but for me, fact is, my Windows 8 Phone still works (920), my Windows 10 Phone still works (950XL), I can still use Groove as I always did (as a player, I never did have the service), I didn't like what the Band offered, so didn't buy it. I will say that I mostly use a computer for most things (I have 5 sitting around the house and barn, so I have easy access), only have to rely on my phone for travel and even then I have my SB, or SP with me for the heavy lifting.

I look forward to Andromeda and what it might bring.
    fatclue_98 and aximtreo like this.
    12-02-2018 06:47 AM
    I can understand your frustration (been there myself), but for me, fact is, my Windows 8 Phone still works (920), my Windows 10 Phone still works (950XL), I can still use Groove as I always did (as a player, I never did have the service), I didn't like what the Band offered, so didn't buy it. I will say that I mostly use a computer for most things (I have 5 sitting around the house and barn, so I have easy access), only have to rely on my phone for travel and even then I have my SB, or SP with me for the heavy lifting.

I look forward to Andromeda and what it might bring.
    I really liked the Band and Band 2. I have found out that you can still use Groove (at least on Android), even though MS cancelled it on 1st December. But spending money on phones that don't have the apps I need, or that I am forced to have (for example the company I work for develops Android and iPhone apps). So MS needs to create hardware that can run what people are used to and that is the hardest task for them.
    12-02-2018 08:28 AM
    So MS needs to create hardware that can run what people are used to and that is the hardest task for them.
    Agreed! I think that is what is taking so long
    12-02-2018 10:21 AM
    Agreed! I think that is what is taking so long
    They could easily just release an Android running phone in the meantime, as a stopgap for whatever is coming next. It worked for BlackBerry.
    12-03-2018 09:26 AM
    https://www.windowscentral.com/centaurus

Windows core os It's coming lol
    Adams990 likes this.
    12-04-2018 04:17 AM
    https://www.windowscentral.com/centaurus

Windows core os It's coming lol
    It's Coming Soon - There, I fixed your post.
    Adams990 likes this.
    12-04-2018 08:03 AM
    I use my surface 3 as tablet mostly and split screen a lot... Right now Twitter pwa one side catching up on sports highlights, writing here on edge, web streaming audio in another tab

Now if I want to get up to go somewhere, it just needs to fold closed, continue to play my audio, allow one of my split screens show up on another screen on the "outside"

I was in Japan in October and I so wish I could've snapped a Pic of this dude standing in the subway. He had two phones side by side, using those finger hook things stuck up the back of each phone. He was looking stuff up on one phone and writing on the other.

The people are ready! Lol
    aximtreo and Adams990 like this.
    12-13-2018 01:44 AM
    It must be true or just a features for all mobile it's been too long since windows phone arrived and I don't know if it still being sold.
    Adams990 likes this.
    12-13-2018 05:13 PM
    I dont think so.
    12-14-2018 06:18 AM
    I was looking today, after the announcement yesterday, on Microsoft's website for the new Windows 10 October Update. The first picture is to advertise integration between phone and PC, with the phone next to the PC enough to reinforce this integration of the new update, with a woman working on her Tabtop with a phone next to it. But hang on a moment, that phone looks unfamiliar. Can't be an Android. That design style is a Lumia 950/950 XL design style. It definitely IS a Lumia 950 XL. Either that or n unannounced phone, albeit not foldable Surface Phone. Why would Microsoft use a Lumia 950 XL for the October Update's phone-PC integration advert? Windows Phone is dead after all, so they would've used an Android or iPhone for the advert, right? Is Windows 10 Mobile about to receive an overhaul or what? Maybe us Windows 10 users are not left in the dust after all!
    It can't be...I think I see a notch in there some where ;)
    12-22-2018 04:14 PM
    https://forums.windowscentral.com/e?...token=b8nsyppW

I think windows phone might be making a comeback. We all know WCOS can be run on a smartphone.

lol
    01-20-2019 01:29 AM
    If Microsoft tries their hand at phones again it won't be as "Windows Mobile." They'll call it something new and it likely won't represent Windows 10 Mobile at all. I'm sure at some point Microsoft will try their hand at a mobile device again but for now that dream seems pretty dead.

Without a mobile form factor of some kind their store will suffer and UWP will remain useless so they kind of have to take part in a mobile part of the market. It's that or change direction entirely. I mean they're doing pretty well as a services company right now. There's no reason why they may not simply opt to continue along that path for a few years.
    01-20-2019 08:54 AM
    Maybe call it Doors OS.
    01-20-2019 04:15 PM
    Maybe call it Doors OS.
    Leave Jim Morrison out of this.
    aximtreo likes this.
    01-20-2019 09:39 PM
    I just changed my Nokia Lumia 735 for a Huawei P20 Android 9. I did not want to do it right now, and wait as much as possible, but I cracked and I took advantage of the soldes to have it at 299 €.
    Of course, the biggest change is in the level of pleasure, finally found, to be able to install all the applications that we are offered, without saying "ah yes, I'm Windows Phone, so no." And even the applications that we had under Windows Phone / Mobile (the bank, Facebook, Edge) were no longer up to date to work properly (Facebook who crashed one out of two every photo sharing, Edge who does not did not display many sites correctly ...)
    I don't understand, my HP X3 must be a magical phone or has magic powers, Cuzz my Facebook and other web sites works perfectly fine . Never have A problem
    02-04-2019 01:30 PM
    I bet they will, they don't know how to surrender
    02-14-2019 11:52 AM
    windows phone is still around. i still use it to make calls, texts, or browse the web. then theirs android for other things. my wp battery life lasts over a day, my android not so much.. less than 6-7hrs of normal use.
    02-25-2019 01:51 PM
    Sadly, I don't think Windows Phone is making a comeback. Maybe a pocketable PC, but I'm not holding my breath. I would also be shocked if MS launched a folding device. I think MS is happy with subscription services, cloud, AI, AR, etc. The next big thing.... My 950XL is still meeting my needs, so I'm good for now.
    02-25-2019 07:43 PM
    @onysi -- That makes total sense. A phone that has no apps wouldn't use much battery because you wouldn't spend a lot of time doing anything with it. Your Android phone doesn't last as long because it has apps and you probably use it more than your WP.
    03-01-2019 05:31 PM
90 1234