Is Windows Phone coming back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJW23

Sep 6, 2017
Visit site
Basically, Samsung (and a Chinese manufacturer, who preceded Samsung) have shown us all that foldable phones are possible. This is most likely the next evolution for phones. But, as with all things, Apple are the ones who will really drive foldable devices, if indeed they do plan to release one. Otherwise, it may just be seen as something of a gimmick, like the display first was on the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.

Of course, whilst we all wait for whatever Apple plan to release, MS will have released Andromeda, failed, rebooted it, failed again and given up and left it to die - such is their usual tactics, sadly.

lol yeah I know the surface team have a lot of successful devices but they will fail with this device. one word describe you delusional.

sd4f

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Who knows, maybe after all these failures, MS might get this one right?

I have my doubts. The fact that the others have played their hand, shows that MS no longer have anything new to really show, and there's a lot of articles now of how google is baking in the dual screen aspect into android.

I doubt andromeda can get off the ground at this stage. It's going to be a niche product, and can't compete with smartphones at all.

By now, I have serious doubts it will entice developers to come along at all which has always been the weak point of MS mobile platform of late. If it succeeds, then great, but I'm not holding my breath.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I have my doubts. The fact that the others have played their hand, shows that MS no longer have anything new to really show, and there's a lot of articles now of how google is baking in the dual screen aspect into android.

I doubt andromeda can get off the ground at this stage. It's going to be a niche product, and can't compete with smartphones at all.

By now, I have serious doubts it will entice developers to come along at all which has always been the weak point of MS mobile platform of late. If it succeeds, then great, but I'm not holding my breath.

This pretty much sums everything up nicely.

KJW23

Sep 6, 2017
Visit site

I have say you are Wrong. Andromeda is coming. it be a Awesome.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
yes, you are Wrong. I will have fun with my Surface journal Surface note and Surface watch Running Andromeda Composable Shell CShell

And that's great. But I am not sure any of those devices will happen in all honesty. It seems that foldable phones are going to be the next smartphone evolution. Yes, MS can get the hardware for this spot on, if they wanted to, but the software, where it matters, is a completely different matter...

KJW23

Sep 6, 2017
Visit site
And that's great. But I am not sure any of those devices will happen in all honesty. It seems that foldable phones are going to be the next smartphone evolution. Yes, MS can get the hardware for this spot on, if they wanted to, but the software, where it matters, is a completely different matter...
Do you know how Bad androids right now.

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site

Bad in what way, bad for you?

Personally don't know how bad Droid is right now since it's there for me day in and day out, through thick and thin, hell or high water... something WP lost touch with some time ago.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site

Yes, I do. But I still prefer it to iOS, despite how bad it is. It doesn't matter if MS create the most stunningly beautiful phone with cutting-edge hardware. If the software it runs doesn't allow people to run their existing Android or iOS apps that they are used to, it will fail.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I don't know...I think they are going to hit it out of the park:)

I actually really want to believe that.

I do have hope (buried deep, deep down). But after being burnt by MS with Windows Phone 8, Windows 10 Mobile, Groove, MS Band and so on, they will need to really prove they've changed to win me (and most likely others too) back to their side.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I actually really want to believe that.

I do have hope (buried deep, deep down). But after being burnt by MS with Windows Phone 8, Windows 10 Mobile, Groove, MS Band and so on, they will need to really prove they've changed to win me (and most likely others too) back to their side.

I can understand your frustration (been there myself), but for me, fact is, my Windows 8 Phone still works (920), my Windows 10 Phone still works (950XL), I can still use Groove as I always did (as a player, I never did have the service), I didn't like what the Band offered, so didn't buy it. I will say that I mostly use a computer for most things (I have 5 sitting around the house and barn, so I have easy access), only have to rely on my phone for travel and even then I have my SB, or SP with me for the heavy lifting.

I look forward to Andromeda and what it might bring.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I can understand your frustration (been there myself), but for me, fact is, my Windows 8 Phone still works (920), my Windows 10 Phone still works (950XL), I can still use Groove as I always did (as a player, I never did have the service), I didn't like what the Band offered, so didn't buy it. I will say that I mostly use a computer for most things (I have 5 sitting around the house and barn, so I have easy access), only have to rely on my phone for travel and even then I have my SB, or SP with me for the heavy lifting.

I look forward to Andromeda and what it might bring.

I really liked the Band and Band 2. I have found out that you can still use Groove (at least on Android), even though MS cancelled it on 1st December. But spending money on phones that don't have the apps I need, or that I am forced to have (for example the company I work for develops Android and iPhone apps). So MS needs to create hardware that can run what people are used to and that is the hardest task for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa