Is Windows Phone coming back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shalin Pather01

Jul 21, 2017
Visit site
I was looking today, after the announcement yesterday, on Microsoft's website for the new Windows 10 October Update. The first picture is to advertise integration between phone and PC, with the phone next to the PC enough to reinforce this integration of the new update, with a woman working on her Tabtop with a phone next to it. But hang on a moment, that phone looks unfamiliar. Can't be an Android. That design style is a Lumia 950/950 XL design style. It definitely IS a Lumia 950 XL. Either that or n unannounced phone, albeit not foldable Surface Phone. Why would Microsoft use a Lumia 950 XL for the October Update's phone-PC integration advert? Windows Phone is dead after all, so they would've used an Android or iPhone for the advert, right? Is Windows 10 Mobile about to receive an overhaul or what? Maybe us Windows 10 users are not left in the dust after all!

Attachments

• HomeFeatures_1083_Panel2_Hero_Home.jpg
    HomeFeatures_1083_Panel2_Hero_Home.jpg
    451.8 KB · Views: 95

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Good sighting but I think the phone is shown as a complimentary part of the overall picture.

I could be wrong, I've been married twice.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Windows Phone is Dead. In the remote possibility that they try to resurrect their mobile platform with their own product. Beware.

If anything they are embracing Android and that is the play now.

DavidBS1989

Mar 21, 2018
Visit site
Windows Phone is Dead. In the remote possibility that they try to resurrect their mobile platform with their own product. Beware.

They are not going to develop nothing with Android. Is just give terrain to their enemy, before do this, they would be better do nothing. MS is not a hardware developer to other companies, if they launch a device, they will do it with their own hardware.

The mobile in the picture can be a message of the future of their mobile Windows platform, or just a complement. I prefere to think on the first.

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I was looking today, after the announcement yesterday, on Microsoft's website for the new Windows 10 October Update. The first picture is to advertise integration between phone and PC, with the phone next to the PC enough to reinforce this integration of the new update, with a woman working on her Tabtop with a phone next to it. But hang on a moment, that phone looks unfamiliar. Can't be an Android. That design style is a Lumia 950/950 XL design style. It definitely IS a Lumia 950 XL. Either that or n unannounced phone, albeit not foldable Surface Phone. Why would Microsoft use a Lumia 950 XL for the October Update's phone-PC integration advert? Windows Phone is dead after all, so they would've used an Android or iPhone for the advert, right? Is Windows 10 Mobile about to receive an overhaul or what? Maybe us Windows 10 users are not left in the dust after all!

I'm sorry to burst your bubble but that actually looks more like a white Google Pixel 2 XL. The color, the screen real-estate, etc. Plus you can clearly see it's running the Microsoft Launcher which runs only on Android.

Windows Phone is not coming back I'm afraid.

Last edited:

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
They are not going to develop nothing with Android. Is just give terrain to their enemy, before do this, they would be better do nothing. MS is not a hardware developer to other companies, if they launch a device, they will do it with their own hardware.

The mobile in the picture can be a message of the future of their mobile Windows platform, or just a complement. I prefere to think on the first.

Don't think you got the memo, android is their new baby, they're not just giving terrain to their "enemy" they're creating a whole planet for them...... 😁

Sent from mTalk

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Don't think you got the memo, android is their new baby, they're not just giving terrain to their "enemy" they're creating a whole planet for them......

Sent from mTalk

Exactly. They are developing apps and bringing their ecosystem to Droid.

KJW23

Sep 6, 2017
Visit site
yes if you what to Windows Core OS can Run on a smartphone. it the Surface note is the Name of smartphone that is Run Windows Core OS. the Surface journal is the Name of Foldable device.

KJW23

Sep 6, 2017
Visit site

no lol Windows Core OS is play now.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
no lol Windows Core OS Can be put on a smartphone.

But would the masses buy it without the apps they are used to on iOS and Android? More to the point, will MS support it enough in all territories, not just their usual five, and will they even market it?

Or will they end up killing it within a year or rebooting it in some way?

We all know the answer to these questions, even if we don't want to admit it.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
But would the masses buy it without the apps they are used to on iOS and Android? More to the point, will MS support it enough in all territories, not just their usual five, and will they even market it?

Or will they end up killing it within a year or rebooting it in some way?

We all know the answer to these questions, even if we don't want to admit it.

How about all of the above with the added caveat of "Coming Soon"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3