12-04-2018 09:03 AM
63 123
tools
    I was looking today, after the announcement yesterday, on Microsoft's website for the new Windows 10 October Update. The first picture is to advertise integration between phone and PC, with the phone next to the PC enough to reinforce this integration of the new update, with a woman working on her Tabtop with a phone next to it. But hang on a moment, that phone looks unfamiliar. Can't be an Android. That design style is a Lumia 950/950 XL design style. It definitely IS a Lumia 950 XL. Either that or n unannounced phone, albeit not foldable Surface Phone. Why would Microsoft use a Lumia 950 XL for the October Update's phone-PC integration advert? Windows Phone is dead after all, so they would've used an Android or iPhone for the advert, right? Is Windows 10 Mobile about to receive an overhaul or what? Maybe us Windows 10 users are not left in the dust after all!
    Attached Thumbnails homefeatures_1083_panel2_hero_home.jpg  
    MrockNroll likes this.
    10-03-2018 04:12 AM
    Good sighting but I think the phone is shown as a complimentary part of the overall picture.

I could be wrong, I've been married twice.
    10-03-2018 08:37 AM
    Its even the white version just like mine. Nice. 950XL dual sim white.
    10-12-2018 02:19 AM
    Possibly just an artist illusion. 😂
    10-12-2018 07:20 AM
    Windows Phone is Dead. In the remote possibility that they try to resurrect their mobile platform with their own product. Beware.

If anything they are embracing Android and that is the play now.
    theefman likes this.
    10-12-2018 09:22 AM
    Windows Phone is Dead. In the remote possibility that they try to resurrect their mobile platform with their own product. Beware.

They are not going to develop nothing with Android. Is just give terrain to their enemy, before do this, they would be better do nothing. MS is not a hardware developer to other companies, if they launch a device, they will do it with their own hardware.

The mobile in the picture can be a message of the future of their mobile Windows platform, or just a complement. I prefere to think on the first.
    10-19-2018 10:51 AM
    I was looking today, after the announcement yesterday, on Microsoft's website for the new Windows 10 October Update. The first picture is to advertise integration between phone and PC, with the phone next to the PC enough to reinforce this integration of the new update, with a woman working on her Tabtop with a phone next to it. But hang on a moment, that phone looks unfamiliar. Can't be an Android. That design style is a Lumia 950/950 XL design style. It definitely IS a Lumia 950 XL. Either that or n unannounced phone, albeit not foldable Surface Phone. Why would Microsoft use a Lumia 950 XL for the October Update's phone-PC integration advert? Windows Phone is dead after all, so they would've used an Android or iPhone for the advert, right? Is Windows 10 Mobile about to receive an overhaul or what? Maybe us Windows 10 users are not left in the dust after all!
    I'm sorry to burst your bubble but that actually looks more like a white Google Pixel 2 XL. The color, the screen real-estate, etc. Plus you can clearly see it's running the Microsoft Launcher which runs only on Android.

Windows Phone is not coming back I'm afraid.
    Last edited by dlalonde; 10-22-2018 at 08:47 AM.
    10-19-2018 12:26 PM
    They are not going to develop nothing with Android. Is just give terrain to their enemy, before do this, they would be better do nothing. MS is not a hardware developer to other companies, if they launch a device, they will do it with their own hardware.

The mobile in the picture can be a message of the future of their mobile Windows platform, or just a complement. I prefere to think on the first.
    Don't think you got the memo, android is their new baby, they're not just giving terrain to their "enemy" they're creating a whole planet for them...... 😁

Sent from mTalk
    10-19-2018 12:39 PM
    Don't think you got the memo, android is their new baby, they're not just giving terrain to their "enemy" they're creating a whole planet for them......

Sent from mTalk
    Exactly. They are developing apps and bringing their ecosystem to Droid.
    10-20-2018 02:01 PM
    Good sighting but I think the phone is shown as a complimentary part of the overall picture.

I could be wrong, I've been married twice.
    Stupid is as stupid does, I'm on wife #2 myself. The troubling part is that she refers to me as her first husband.
    aximtreo and mtf1380 like this.
    10-21-2018 07:42 PM
    yes if you what to Windows Core OS can Run on a smartphone. it the Surface note is the Name of smartphone that is Run Windows Core OS. the Surface journal is the Name of Foldable device.
    10-22-2018 02:17 AM
    Possibly just an artist illusion.
    no lol, it just Pictures of the Surface note that is a Smartphone run Windows Core OS.
    10-22-2018 04:32 PM

no lol Windows Core OS is play now.
    10-22-2018 04:38 PM
    Android is the new Windows Phone. Fact.
    theefman likes this.
    10-23-2018 09:11 AM
    Bwahahahahah
    10-23-2018 11:42 AM
    no lol Windows Core OS is play now.
    yes, you have been used parts of Windows Core OS. That is why you think windows updates have been so buggy the last couple times.
    10-23-2018 11:16 PM
    Android is the new Windows Phone. Fact.
    no lol Windows Core OS Can be put on a smartphone.
    10-23-2018 11:24 PM
    Bwahahahahah
    Windows Phone is not Dead Bwahahahahah
    10-23-2018 11:31 PM
    no lol Windows Core OS Can be put on a smartphone.
    But would the masses buy it without the apps they are used to on iOS and Android? More to the point, will MS support it enough in all territories, not just their usual five, and will they even market it?

Or will they end up killing it within a year or rebooting it in some way?

We all know the answer to these questions, even if we don't want to admit it.
    10-24-2018 10:07 AM
    But would the masses buy it without the apps they are used to on iOS and Android? More to the point, will MS support it enough in all territories, not just their usual five, and will they even market it?

How about all of the above with the added caveat of "Coming Soon"?
    aximtreo likes this.
    10-24-2018 11:35 AM

yes lol
    10-24-2018 02:19 PM
    The phone is probably a generic graphic or device used by marketing - I don't think I've heard of a device being outed in promotional imagery like this ever.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-25-2018 02:00 PM
    I too believe the phone is shown in the image for illustration purpose only. The last windows phone I had was the Nokia Lumia 635, and the one shown in the pictures resembles to it quite well.
    10-26-2018 01:54 AM
    I have been a consistent user of Windows Phone. Its sad to read the news.
    aximtreo likes this.
    10-26-2018 08:39 AM
    I don't think MS have plans for any more mobile devices. Otherwise they wouldn't be supporting Android and, to a lesser extent, iOS so much with all their apps and services.
    aximtreo likes this.
    10-27-2018 06:42 AM
63 123