5 Surface devices this October

Status
Not open for further replies.

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
Yes, I know. I'm used to the Lumia's cameras, that are amazing, but I actually need just a good camera, not an state of art one.

The main reason that I want a Nokia 9.1 was for have a powerful device that could hang most year as possible, and configure it with Windows launcher and Microsoft apps to get the most similar Windows Phone experience possible. The camera wasn't the point, despite it is the Nokia 9.1's.

So, the doubt is appearing because it seems that the Surface Duo is going to be the device that I'm searching, so I don't know if it's better to carry on temporally with a lower mobile than the Nokia 9.1 and wait for this new device. The problem is I don't know when is going to be launched and how much time I will have to wait for it.

Thank you.
, hmm perhaps the Nokia 8.1 or 7.x versions? The 8.1 seems like a nice phone and since Nokia is kind of popular with Android One (at least where I live outside US) you should be able to sell it for a decent price when you buy the Duo. The 8.1 also seems like a phone that focuses more on getting the basics high-end compared to the 9.1 which seems to focus on the extra lenses, the 8.1 is 300 bucks (incl taxes) where I live and the 9.x >500 bucks.
The Nokia 8.1 Plus also looks nice but it is not out yet.

DavidBS1989

Mar 21, 2018
Visit site
, hmm perhaps the Nokia 8.1 or 7.x versions? The 8.1 seems like a nice phone and since Nokia is kind of popular with Android One (at least where I live outside US) you should be able to sell it for a decent price when you buy the Duo. The 8.1 also seems like a phone that focuses more on getting the basics high-end compared to the 9.1 which seems to focus on the extra lenses, the 8.1 is 300 bucks (incl taxes) where I live and the 9.x >500 bucks.
The Nokia 8.1 Plus also looks nice but it is not out yet.

I have searched it and it looks very nice, thank you for the advice. I have around one and half month to think about it and to buy the phone.

I hope we get news of the Surface Duo soon in order to know when is going to come and how.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm probably going for the Huawei mate x, start checking out MS plan for foldables if the apps will be ok for it! Otherwise, back to Nokia for me! Lol

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
I'm probably going for the Huawei mate x, start checking out MS plan for foldables if the apps will be ok for it! Otherwise, back to Nokia for me! Lol
, it looks nice but you will definitely want to be sure you have very good warranty for it. I spoke someone on an other forum and he bought the Samsung foldable one. He was happy with it but he mentioned you are not to supposed put that phone in your (jean) pockets or such. You need to always keep it at a place where it cannot be bend/pressed by movement etc (e.g. in your jacket). Should be the same for the Huawei one.

I don't know about you guys but if I can't keep a phone in a jean pocket it is not as practical as normal phone for me (or one should always wear a jacket or such with pockets. This why I am personally more excited for the design of the Duo, it should be more durable with the hinge and metal material.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720