Sep 6, 2017
Visit site
If this is going to be as big as 2015
We are probably seriously looking at 4 new devices
1 the Surface tablet
2 Surface journal foldable smartphone light device Ak Andromeda
3 a smartphone call the Surface note
4 surface watch
Windows light is designed to run on all those types of devices for the ground up.

KJW23

Sep 6, 2017
Visit site
I think people don't realize it 2 versions of windows light this one for tablets and smartphones. that's what being launched this October 2. with android immolation there is no more app gap.

KJW23

Sep 6, 2017
Visit site
5 surface, I can't wait to see this and I know that it'll be HUGE

all devices will be new
surface tablet describe on the windows central podcast
CPU 8CX
software tablet shell of Windows Core OS

Surface foldable device
CPU intel 10MM
software foldable tablet shell of Windows Core OS

surface journal aka andromeda
CPU 855 snapdragon
software foldable smartphone shell of Windows Core OS

surface note
CPU 855 snapdragon
software smartphone shell of Windows Core OS
surface watch
CPU ?????? snapdragon

software smartwatch shell of Windows Core OS
I really think this is what's going to happen

Last edited:

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Well, we know don't we.

A few wrong predictions in this thread, including from a 'microsoft development partner'.

We got- laptop, dual screen tablet, dual screen phone, surface arm version, surface pro.

We really don't know much about what these will be running yet. Android for the phone, but a custom version of some kind. Windows 10 x for the dual screen tablet (which may or may not be windows core).

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, we know don't we.

A few wrong predictions in this thread, including from a 'microsoft development partner'.

We got- laptop, dual screen tablet, dual screen phone, surface arm version, surface pro.

We really don't know much about what these will be running yet. Android for the phone, but a custom version of some kind. Windows 10 x for the dual screen tablet (which may or may not be windows core).
Well.... They got 5 right.

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
, if it is not Windows core, wouldn't they be risking much time loss on code if 10X would fail like rt or wp? I think we can safely assume the Neo has core os.

KJW23

Sep 6, 2017
Visit site
Well, we know don't we.

um windows 10 X is windows core OS
too bad surface book 3 have been canceled

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
um windows 10 X is windows core OS
too bad surface book 3 have been canceled
, personally I don't think the SB line is cancelled, I just think MS will announce it somewhere begin-mid next year. Or they will release something else with a powerful gpu.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
, if it is not Windows core, wouldn't they be risking much time loss on code if 10X would fail like rt or wp? I think we can safely assume the Neo has core os.

Well, probably. But it could be some partial version. We don't know.

It didn't look anything like the hub 2, or hololens versions of windows core.

Last edited:

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I think the dual will have an android consumer market and enterprise we get windows 10 X.

I don't see them doing that because it'll complicate on the support side and also consumers who see one thing on a device and can't do the same on their own devices.

I'm just angry I'm forced to go Android till at least 2022. I already have work iPhone, I don't need my own iPhone

DavidBS1989

Mar 21, 2018
Visit site
When we can expect to get launched the Surface Duo? They said "in holidays", that is very ambiguous.

I was planning to buy a Nokia 9.1 when my Lumia 950 lose it WhatsApp support (on 31 december), but now I don't know if is better to buy a cheaper device and wait until Surface Duo reléase.

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
I was planning to buy a Nokia 9.1 when my Lumia 950 lose it WhatsApp support (on 31 december), but now I don't know if is better to buy a cheaper device and wait until Surface Duo reléase.
, note that they are probably for very different use cases, the Nokia 9.1 is much more focused on camera lenses than the Duo (the Duo will probably have decent camera but I doubt if it will have extra lenses like the Nokia has).

[SUB]also damn whatsapp, I too have a Lumia 950. At least there is still telegram.[/SUB]

DavidBS1989

Mar 21, 2018
Visit site
, note that they are probably for very different use cases, the Nokia 9.1 is much more focused on camera lenses than the Duo (the Duo will probably have decent camera but I doubt if it will have extra lenses like the Nokia has).

[SUB]also damn whatsapp, I too have a Lumia 950. At least there is still telegram.[/SUB]

Yes, I know. I'm used to the Lumia's cameras, that are amazing, but I actually need just a good camera, not an state of art one.

The main reason that I want a Nokia 9.1 was for have a powerful device that could hang most year as possible, and configure it with Windows launcher and Microsoft apps to get the most similar Windows Phone experience possible. The camera wasn't the point, despite it is the Nokia 9.1's.

So, the doubt is appearing because it seems that the Surface Duo is going to be the device that I'm searching, so I don't know if it's better to carry on temporally with a lower mobile than the Nokia 9.1 and wait for this new device. The problem is I don't know when is going to be launched and how much time I will have to wait for it.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiebention