I have a 1-month old Surface Pro, 6th gen with 16 GB RAM and 500 GB storage. So far I have used about 85 GB storage on the hard drive. I have been in the Mac world for the past 10 years and am very excited about my switch to Windows, but I do have some issues about my Surface I was hoping to get a second opinion on. https://getappvalley.com/

Some days there is a 2-3 second delay for each word that is typed. Some days there is a 5 second delay for each tab I open, and a 8-10 second delay for each YouTube video that loads. Most of the time when I switch to "tablet mode", I cannot press anyone on the touch screen for the first minute or so. Some days it connects automatically to the external monitor I have hooked up, and sometimes I have to do it manually. One day I can run Adobe Photoshop with 200+ active layers completely flawlessly, and the next day I cannot run Facebook, or send an email without lag.https://tutuappx.com/

As I'm writing this post, the brightness buttons doesn't respond, the three volume buttons doesn't work (but the button for mute, refreshes the page?), and the automatic screen brightness is sort of living in its own world.https://tweakbox.mobi/

These small things are obviously something that I can live with. After all, this is a still an incredible machine anyone would be fortunate to have. But having a nearly $2K machine that is a month old, and is already having minor issues, doesn't scream quality product either.

So, please help Surface community, is this common and just live with it, or should I return it for a new Surface? Or am I doing something wrong? Any advice is appreciated!
    Last edited by techbazaar; 09-21-2019 at 12:15 AM.
    09-20-2019 05:11 AM
    , hi, when you experience any lag which processes use much cpu? (press ctrl + shift + esc at the same time to bring up the task manager and select more details, than to the right you can see an overview of cpu usage etc).
    Also when you experience lag, is the Surface plugged in or on battery?
    Do you have a third party virus scanner running on the background? Did you scan for viruses/malware? (probably not the issue but just in case)

My initial guess is these issues are caused by background apps / processes or something wrong with the Windows installation. A slow Windows could also be caused by certain programs that are badly programmed and installed once (e.g. iirc a third party virus scanner but forgot the name).

Whatever the case, the long delays you have during switching tabs and writing words definitely not normal and even my surface pro out 2013 is much faster than that. They kind of remind me of my old desktop pc which had old hdd's (perhaps something is wrong the ssd? Might be an idea to scan the disk to see if there are any faults with it).
    09-20-2019 12:21 PM