Sync 2013 Outlook local calendar with live.com??

fulnix

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
So I have a work email that comes through a POP server. No exchange server for us :/ Anyway I need to sync my local Outlook 2013 calendar with my live.com account. First I tried publishing my local calendar and subscribing to it from live.com calendar. This worked ok but it would take 24-48hrs to update, unacceptable. So then I was reading that the Hotmail connector is built into Office 2013. So I tried the method of copying your local calendar to your live.com folder. I did this and it's showing but nothing has been uploaded to my live.com email address :/ Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I'm running Outlook 2013 on Windows 8 and have a Nokia Lumia 920.
Thank you again.

mikehippo

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I believe that what you have to do is go into the phones settings > applications > people > accounts> Microsoft account > Download new content > as items arrive (or anything but daily).

That fixed it to me and started things syncing immediately for me.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Sync your email,this also syncs your contacts and calendar.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Foroplex

Paul Somers

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
This clearly does not work....

I have outlook on my PC, and I have a calendar, I have outlook on my WP8, and I have a Calendar.

I do not want two Calendars, HOW DO I DO THIS?

I do NOT USE EXCHANGE server and I do NOT want to put my personal private confidential email on outlook.com.

I am sure I'm not alone here in wanting this to occur??

AJ Marchetta

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I am using Outlook 2013 via Office 365 on my Dell Laptop running Windows 8.1. I want to sync my email, contacts, tasks and notes with my new Lumia Icon. I have a work email that comes through a POP server. We do not run an exchange server. I have 3400 Contacts in 30 Categories that I created using the Outlook tool. Does anyone know how to make this happen?

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
I am using Outlook 2013 via Office 365 on my Dell Laptop running Windows 8.1. I want to sync my email, contacts, tasks and notes with my new Lumia Icon. I have a work email that comes through a POP server. We do not run an exchange server. I have 3400 Contacts in 30 Categories that I created using the Outlook tool. Does anyone know how to make this happen?

First of all, you will not be able to sync categories in contacts. Even Office 365 Exchange only syncs the main folder of contacts, and WP doesn't use contact categories. Second, I use office 365 exchange, but used to have pop email for work, but I used Outlook 2013. I think it will be very difficult to get your contacts, tasks, notes, etc from Outlook to your phone. However, there are some apps out there that may work, like CompanionLink and at least one other, I don't remember. I'll tell you, if there is any way you can get on Office 365 it will work so good. I don't know if you can get a personal account and then add your pop work email to it. Sorry I can't help more.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre