Can anyone publish a list of functions and features in Office for WP8 corresponding to Office 2007/2010/2013? I have a huge number of Excel application with alot of functions in use, even alot of VBA macros. I have been told that the Office for WP8 is restricted - but how?
    Is there on the market any other - more complete - Office product for mobile phones (WP8, Android, iPhone). I am in this respect open for any platform, if only the office Excel is as complete as possible. Porting these Office-applications to web for easier usage in mobile devices is not what I am interested in.
    Hkan
    04-12-2013 02:00 AM
    WP8 will not run any of your Excel macros. The only portable platform will be a tablet or ultrabook running full-fledged Windows, like the Surface Pro.
    WP8 will not run any of your Excel macros. The only portable platform will be a tablet or ultrabook running full-fledged Windows, like the Surface Pro.
    04-12-2013 04:41 AM
    Can anybody provide the built-in function/formula list?
    04-12-2013 10:04 AM
    run the browser in desktop mode and use the office 365 web app if you need full support
    04-12-2013 05:55 PM
    Excel on WP8 can't use objects, (pivot)tables, external data and VBA. That makes it absolutely useless for me. Sad. However, also iOS and Android provide better solutions.
    07-14-2013 09:31 AM
    Can anybody provide the built-in function/formula list?
    I don't know if you've already seen this site, but it has some useful information and links to even more useful information: Use Excel Mobile | Windows Phone How-to (United States)

Edit: I just noticed that this thread had been resurrected. Hopefully someone can find the info helpful anyway. Sorry for contributing to the necromancy.
    07-18-2013 05:02 PM
    What is the point of a Windows Phone, promoted as being able to us Office 365? All I want to do is use a very simple spreadsheet that I've saved on SkyDrive. I want to use this spreadsheet on my WP8. I need to enter data twice per day into this spreadsheet. As I have my WP8 with me always, I thought a WP8 would be a good solution as to enter this data.

By row, I have the date and day of the week. Next to each date, I want to record my weight. To the right of my weight and on the same row corresponding to a date, I want to place an "X" as to whether or not I've taken my medicine, fish oil, etc. I need to freeze the top 4 rows and the right 2 columns so that as I enter data going down then I know the header of the information that I'm entering. As I enter data on a day going to the right, I need the date showing on the left so that I know that I stay on the correct day. I need the freeze pane function, very rudimentary stuff. But Excel on WP8 cannot even do that simple function. So, after many days, I have to scroll down so that the top rows of my spreadsheet roll up and off the screen. Then, I don't know what data I am entering in each column. Further, as I enter data across a row, I can easily get off a row and enter data for the wrong day.

So, I ask, what good is Office 365 on WP8 if it cannot handle this most simple of spreadsheets?
    09-06-2014 11:44 AM
    Office 365 subscriber here. I use my device for business, not games YouTube and whatnot.

On the WP Excel you CANT copy paste multiple cells to my understanding. You cant edit .xls files, need to be saved in .xlsx.

The whole excel experience is so horrible, that I seriously think the guys in charge for Office in WP, are partying hardcore on coke with hookers instead doing the job.

I have told like said above, that you get much more on the other platforms. I might do the crazy soon and try something else. I like WP in many ways, and would love to see it succeed, but Microsoft makes it hard sometimes.
    Sagar Limaye likes this.
    09-06-2014 12:04 PM
    What is the point of a Windows Phone, promoted as being able to us Office 365? All I want to do is use a very simple spreadsheet that I've saved on SkyDrive. I want to use this spreadsheet on my WP8. I need to enter data twice per day into this spreadsheet. As I have my WP8 with me always, I thought a WP8 would be a good solution as to enter this data.

By row, I have the date and day of the week. Next to each date, I want to record my weight. To the right of my weight and on the same row corresponding to a date, I want to place an "X" as to whether or not I've taken my medicine, fish oil, etc. I need to freeze the top 4 rows and the right 2 columns so that as I enter data going down then I know the header of the information that I'm entering. As I enter data on a day going to the right, I need the date showing on the left so that I know that I stay on the correct day. I need the freeze pane function, very rudimentary stuff. But Excel on WP8 cannot even do that simple function. So, after many days, I have to scroll down so that the top rows of my spreadsheet roll up and off the screen. Then, I don't know what data I am entering in each column. Further, as I enter data across a row, I can easily get off a row and enter data for the wrong day.

So, I ask, what good is Office 365 on WP8 if it cannot handle this most simple of spreadsheets?
    Ok to freeze a pane simply press and hold and it will pop up with a menu to freeze pane.
    05-08-2015 01:46 PM