OneNote RT / OneNote MX frustrations

pbankey

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

I am trying to make my OneNote experience less frustrating, so I am looking for some advice or suggestions.

Basically, I found out that OneNote RT 2013 can't do audio and video recordings. Pretty annoying as this is a feature I used on full Office quite a bit (and one that students, the prime audience of Surface 2, could use too I'm sure). That's fine - I'll take ownership of not realizing that. My fault.

Lately I've been using OneNote MX a lot since I'm trying to mitigate the need for relying on the desktop mode as much. Everything (minus audio recording) works great - and I frequently use the webcam image function to insert pictures directly from camera. However, when I want to do a workaround with the lack of audio/video recording, I have to use another program, like Sound Recorder, and insert the file of the audio recording.

But.. I can't do that in OneNote MX.

So I open full OneNote 2013 and can do it there. Cool - I'll just use full OneNote from now on. But.. I can't insert pictures directly from my camera in the full version; it only works when I switch out, take the pic, and then navigate to the file and insert picture. The Metro version does this natively though.

Why is this such an arm twist? I'm trying to make use of the available features Microsoft has provided with these tools and the user experience is quite frustrating. Is there a way to insert a file in OneNote MX so I can just stick with this version?

DBDev

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I never thought I should recommend this to someone since I love OneNote, but since you have struggle with it I recommend you to try Evernote, I think that has audio recording and camera support in the Touch app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12