Office on WP inferior to iWork on iPhone?

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Today I got an Excel via email, it has a very basic of adding up costs and counting breakeven. Nothing crazy. I wanted to change one field so I can see how it changes the overall calculation. The spread sheet was not editable, I have no idea why. It read the cell, I just couldnt change the value. I was amazed, this is so basic functionality. I didnt have time to investigate this though...

Edit: had a look at this... Probably its saved in too old format (office2007 etc), but still seems weird.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
First off, does it hurt to add the feature to create PowerPoints? And remember the early days, when they said "The only phone with Xbox live and office"? And now the Lumia 1520 advertisements.

Like I said, it's not meant to replace a desktop, laptop or tablet for content creation so, no, adding a function to create presentations isn't necessary. If you want more features in Office on a mobile device than Windows Phone provides then you need an HTC HD2.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Today I got an Excel via email, it has a very basic of adding up costs and counting breakeven. Nothing crazy. I wanted to change one field so I can see how it changes the overall calculation. The spread sheet was not editable, I have no idea why. It read the cell, I just couldnt change the value. I was amazed, this is so basic functionality. I didnt have time to investigate this though...

Edit: had a look at this... Probably its saved in too old format (office2007 etc), but still seems weird.

I think that you can only edit Office 2010 documents and even then it can't have special formatting or use a template.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I like WP because no issues so far with work email and Calendar. Also I am able to review MS Word and MS Excel documents without any hassles, especially when looking at multiple tabs in Excel. My boss uses an iPhone and frequently complains about calendar sync issues and Excel spreadsheets. As far as creating a PPT is concerned, isn't a good idea to jot down the points in One Note and then later create the PPT on the actual computer?

I just switched to WP about 3 weeks ago primarily to sync work Calendar with my personal Calendar and use my own device instead of carrying around two phones - heavily recommended by two old college buddies, one is a developer and another one works for Microsoft. Loving it so far. My biggest grip is no Vonage app:-( I also miss Google Currents, otherwise this is a stellar platform. Nokia Music and HERE Maps are way ahead of what the other two OS' offer IMHO.

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
While the lack of an option bewildered me at first a couple years back, I put some thought into it and realized that it's kinda dumb to think someone productive would ever attempt to make a PowerPoint presentation on a phone.

How convenient you change of opinion is.

FinancialP

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Once you guys get your hands on Pages or Keynote and learn it, you'll see that office mobile is really lacking. Especially the templates for making flyers and editing business cards and envelopes on the go.

I've been using Office Mobile since my PPC 6600. Office Mobile is usable, but the sad and frightening part is that Office Mobile has been mostly unchanged.

Whoa, side note I just realized Windows Mobile introduced me to Google. Whoa!

EchoRedux

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Pages and keynote are 10 bucks each though vs the freebie from MS. Could be well worth it for many people, but I'm in the camp that needs a mouse and keyboard, otherwise it takes me an hour to do something that could be done in 8 minutes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)