Excel formatting on WP8

MBY

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I know that Excel on WP is somewhat limited in its functionality. I'm not happy about that, but I accept it. I came across something truly puzzling recently, though. Once I edit a cell's formatting (data type, bold, font color, background color, etc.) I don't seem to be able to reset it to default. For fill color, for example, you have three options of colors, none of them white/blank. And you don't seem to be able to just uncheck that option.

Any suggestions?

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
If you can clear the formatting, I cannot work it out and I spent a few minutes clicking and long pressing everything.

Clearly you are the first person in the world to try doing that as anyone who actually tried using it would want to clear the formatting!

MBY

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Is there really no way to do this? It pretty much means that formatting of any kind in Excel is useless because you can't remove it.

Batoloco

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I am flummoxed as well. I cannot undo bold on a whole row. Also, after the 2nd or 3rd time I open the same file one column keeps reverting to date format no matter how many times I save it as currency; of course, I would like plain decimal but Excel doesn't allow it. What a strange situation, to have a shiite WP8.1 spreadsheet program when Android, iOS, and even my old IPaq 210 have a better program. WTF?! :unhappy:

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I am flummoxed as well. I cannot undo bold on a whole row. Also, after the 2nd or 3rd time I open the same file one column keeps reverting to date format no matter how many times I save it as currency; of course, I would like plain decimal but Excel doesn't allow it. What a strange situation, to have a shiite WP8.1 spreadsheet program when Android, iOS, and even my old IPaq 210 have a better program. WTF?! :unhappy:

Least ours is free... iOS users need an Office 365 subscription to use Office on their phones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs