Confused about O365 subscription cloud sizes

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I dont get it... MS has buried the information really well on purpuse, or again I have found something they are performing sub-par.

I have Office 365 Small Business subscription P1. I have this because I wanted to have myowndomain.com excange email with all great syncing features, contacts, calendar and tasks. Its been working great, after I got it set up in the beginning. I never thought I would pay for an email, but been happy using it for few years now.

I used to have 25gb of space with it. Now I guess its 25gb for email and 25gb for OneDrive; 50gb. This is only a GUESS as this information is not clearly available on the control panel anywhere. Using the OneDrive Pro applicaton from my desktop office, I was able to see that there is 25600,00 Mt free space. Since I have few gigs of emails I assume its 25+25.

Anyway, my question is the size bumb MS announced little while ago. There is no clear info anywhere, to my knowledge anyway. They announced Office 365 accounts are getting 1 terabyte of OneDrive. Will this inlclude the P1 subscription also? I see that E1 subscription which is 6,50 (Im paying 4,90) a month has 1 terabytes in the service description already....

Does anyone know the facts about this?

Last edited:

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Here's the blog entry detailing the changes

1 TB of OneDrive storage coming to an Office 365 near you | Office Blogs

I have my own Small Business plan with O365, which is the same as your P1 in terms of online features and I have the 1TB allocated to my business OneDrive (SharePoint).

To check your own allocation, log into your O365 Admin panel then:-
1) Hit the "OneDrive" menu item in the top ribbon (will take you to your document collection)
2) Hit the settings (cog) icon in the top right corner and select "site settings" from the menu - you'll then get a page full of hyperlinks to a myriad of SharePoint settings
3) Hit the "storage metrics" hyperlink under "Site Collection Administration".

On that screen, you'll see storage allocations, and also how much is used out of your allocated storage. For me, it says "1048574.12 MB free of 1048576.00 MB"

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes, that takes me to the same page I was able to find using the OneDrive Pro program from desktop office. It shows 25600.00mt only.

Any idea will this subscription get the bump too?

Also another question, why isnt these explained clearly? Maybe side by side comparision of all plans with all specs...

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Try looking here for plan comparisons.

Compare All Office 365 for Business Plans

I'm not sure why your plan still has 25Gb. Do you have any notification in your Message Center regarding this?

It might be worth asking about this on the O365 community - Microsoft Office 365 Community

They have official support guys attending questions there. You could also raise a ticket within your admin panel - whenever I've had to contact support, they've been exceptionally helpful.

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes I called the support to get instant answer. Its coming, just not implemented to my account yet. You are rigth the message center would have been the right place to check, there is a message that its coming.

I guess now its the time to move everything up and sync accross devices from there.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Umm. What do you mean about moving things up and syncing devices? I'm sure you know what you mean, but rebranding SharePoint as "OneDrive for Business" makes things confusing - OneDrive in Office 365 is completely different to OneDrive as seen by your phone and outlook.com.

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
In my main pc I have Office 2013 which has the OneDrive Pro program to sync things to Business OneDrive. I will sync all my 300gb of work etc things to the cloud with it. Then everything is accessible with my Surface and of course I cn open files from the office hub in my WP.

Getting 1tb of cloud space has me thinking for the first time, should I sync all my data up.

Last edited:

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I was on P1, I then later wanted E1 exchange.... OMG, the most PAINFUL experience ever!!!

A few years ago MS did not let you transition from P to E1 sercvices with ease. I spent over 40 hours on the phone to support, it took 3 months to do. They first had to close down the P1 account and open a new E1, however, I couldn't use my own domain as it was locked. Support were useless, made me constantly jump through unnecessary hoops. In the end all was well...this is going back a few years they may well have no issues now, check before switching from P to E.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes, things were a bit rough in the past and migrating between P and E plans was a complete nightmare (glad I didn't have to do anything like that). I get the impression that things have improved over the past year and that communication is a whole lot better. The official community has proven to be useful as there's actual MS support staff responding to queries and chasing up tickets.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750