Outlook: two users update a single calendar?

3DPiper

Dec 13, 2008
Visit site
Is there any way two users can update a single calendar?
I'm wanting my wife and myself to both be able to use the same calendar. So if she adds an appointment, it shows up on my computer and phone.. And if I add and appointment, it shows up on her computer and phone..
Possible?

mijacs

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
With the family room, you get a shared calendar, One Note, and pictures. If you put the live tile on your start screen then you will notice when someone changes any of those. (I believe it updates based on when your email updates.)

We use the One Note portion to do lists (shopping, travel, gift) and reference material.

The picture area is how we keep the best of our pictures and for easy sharing.

Just some ideas.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I looked under calendar settings and I don't see family room. I have the 1520 on AT&T and it has 8.1 Cyan.

I would appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction.

Gamely Lounges

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
First go into the "people" app.
swipe left. look for "rooms"
tap on "family room"
tap on "invite someone"

Hope that gets you pointed in the right direction. Good luck. ]
- Sam

SteveNoza

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
You can share a calendar with anybody that has a microsoft account, my wife and I have a shared calendar, and she uses an iPhone.
Here's how;
-Sign into Outlook.com
-go to calendar (it's accessed by the little 9 square boxes icon in the upper left corner)
-pick a calendar to share or create a new one to share (both function on upper icon bar)
-pick who you want to share with and set their permissions (editing, viewing, ect)
It will send an email to setup the calendar, DONE

Rubidad

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I've done this: I went to the outlook account used by my phone and then shared a calendar with my wife's account used by her windows phone to enable her to see the details of my calendar, but not change or edit. An email was sent to her account and she accepted. My appointments are viewable on her calendar on the computer (the outlook account) but do not show up on her phone!!???
Not sure what need to happen next.......

SteveNoza

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
I've done this: I went to the outlook account used by my phone and then shared a calendar with my wife's account used by her windows phone to enable her to see the details of my calendar, but not change or edit. An email was sent to her account and she accepted. My appointments are viewable on her calendar on the computer (the outlook account) but do not show up on her phone!!???
Not sure what need to happen next.......

Likely she needs to go into her calendar app and designate that calendar as viewable (on a WP, tap calendar, tap the three dot icon on the bottom right, tap settings, scroll to the calendar in question and toggle it on). For whatever reason, my wife's Microsoft account on her iPhone became non-functional and had to be deleted and re-installed, if your wife had a functional calendar on phone and it quit working, this might be the case too.

Last edited:

Rubidad

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
My wife's calendar settings did have mine toggled on....My calendar showed up about 2 hours after my attempt and my post for help. Guess I have just have to give it time-hard to do for the instant generation!!!

Z8JLsgokUI

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
You can share a calendar with anybody that has a microsoft account, my wife and I have a shared calendar, and she uses an iPhone.
Here's how;
-Sign into Outlook.com
-go to calendar (it's accessed by the little 9 square boxes icon in the upper left corner)
-pick a calendar to share or create a new one to share (both function on upper icon bar)
-pick who you want to share with and set their permissions (editing, viewing, ect)
It will send an email to setup the calendar, DONE

I did the exactly the same thing. Wife is using a iPhone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans