OneNote section names always showing old names

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Do more people have the issue where they rename a OneNote section name and every next time you go into your notebook you see the old name(s). Then you have to select the section and it updates to the new name. The problem is that you if you rename a whole list of section names they all show old names and you can't recognize them until you click on them. And on my phone the names don't update at all. I can hit the sync button until the end of times but it says it is done syncing and it only syncs what's underneath; the notes.

Very annoying! And I can't find a place to contact MS about this problem. Through feedback it feels like it ends up on a huge pile of feedback and nothing will be done with it. I send this feedback half a year ago. This is a serious issue and I think everyone has it.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Do more people have the issue where they rename a OneNote section name and every next time you go into your notebook you see the old name(s). Then you have to select the section and it updates to the new name. The problem is that you if you rename a whole list of section names they all show old names and you can't recognize them until you click on them. And on my phone the names don't update at all. I can hit the sync button until the end of times but it says it is done syncing and it only syncs what's underneath; the notes.

Very annoying! And I can't find a place to contact MS about this problem. Through feedback it feels like it ends up on a huge pile of feedback and nothing will be done with it. I send this feedback half a year ago. This is a serious issue and I think everyone has it.

I had the same experience, ended up deleting an entire notebook since I renaming the notebook doesn't change the name in the Phone. But have faith in MS's feedback system - it's not easy to handle feedback (especially since there's a tendency most feedback do not provide sufficient info to be worked on). For example, I provided feedback on the graininess of Nokia Camera compared to a certain camera app; a few weeks later an update was pushed for Nokia Camera and the graininess has decreased.

Just leave a feedback and hope it makes through; it's the least we can do for MS and it's community.:angel:

abhamit533

Jun 12, 2023
Visit site
Notebook names and organizational styles vary based on how you use your notebooks and how you organize your life. I am more of a “piler” than a “filer”.

I don’t have specific notebooks for each area of my life. While I have several notebooks open at any given time, I usually have only one that is getting content on a regular basis. I don’t worry about putting things in the exact spot. Instead, I depend on search and tags to find what I need. My notebook names tend to be broader than most because of that.

For example, I have a notebook called “Medium, etc.” It has sections like: “Bills and such” (the etc.) and “Medium Pieces”. The bills section gets anything having to do with our family budget, appointments, medical referrals, etc. The Medium section has all my writings for the last couple of years, published and unpublished.

Right now the Medium notebook has a total of 9 sections with anywhere from 10 to 350 pages in each. It’s the notebook I live in. There are older versions of this notebook that contain a range of sections just as diverse. If I need something out of one of them, I use search to find it.
spotiflyer download

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720