Why does my Windows Phone keep syncing OneNote notes?

User788

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
My Windows Phone keeps syncing OneNote notes

As per title, the OneNote application regularly syncs the notes. The problem is that:

-They get synced all the time, even if I didn't edit/add a note at all
(I just checked - opened OneNote and went into a notebook, I didn't change a single thing yet it automatically started syncing)
-I don't want it to sync all the time as it would be using the internet without me wanting it to
(I want the notes to be manually synced should I wish to)
-Increases battery usage, unnecessarily
(Of course I want to save battery life)

I've been searching through the settings for an option but couldn't find anything. Anyone know how to stop it from automatically syncing?

Nokia Lumia 920

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: My Windows Phone keeps syncing OneNote notes

I do see what you are saying, but the whole point of OneNote is it syncs across devices, you may not have made any changes, but how would OneNote know this if it didn't sync, for example you may not have changed anything on your phone, but you may have on your PC and if you use family room others may have changed/added things, so it's not just a one way street.

If no changes have been made I wouldn't have thought much data would be used at all :smile:

Bob

User788

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: My Windows Phone keeps syncing OneNote notes

I do see what you are saying, but the whole point of OneNote is it syncs across devices, you may not have made any changes, but how would OneNote know this if it didn't sync, for example you may not have changed anything on your phone, but you may have on your PC and if you use family room others may have changed/added things, so it's not just a one way street.

If no changes have been made I wouldn't have thought much data would be used at all :smile:

Bob

Thanks for replying.

You've got a good point there. But I just wish I could manually sync it through a 'Sync' button for example. In that case I would make sure no data would be used.

Your second statement is understandable. I wonder how much data it took to sync in my case.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa